2021/22 Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, buddha said:

he'll be here next year.  just like seider.  one year in sweden and then come over.

dekyser will be gone.  leddy will be gone.  staal will be gone.  they'll need defensemen.

I would think offers to Leddy and/or deKeyser would not be surprising depending on what they do this season. But will need need defensemen even if both of them do come back. Seider, Edvinsson, Hronek, Leddy, deKeyser is still only 5. I wouldn't put the odds real high on McIsaac or Lindstrom.

Wings have scored 9 goals, the D has 6 assists.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

so just for the sake of argument let's say Edvinsson is becoming all his boosters say he is - could he be in Det by '22? '23?

If he handles big minutes a whole SHL season without looking overwhelmed I'm not sure how they don't bring him over, I have to agree with Buddha here.  Originally I figured he would take a couple seasons in Sweden but the hype is getting crazy.

18 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Evander Kane, 21-game suspension for submitting fake vaccine card.   Because of course he'd do that.  He's going to be facing jail time (to go along with his upcoming domestic violence charges.   He's finished.  I can't see any team in either country taking a gamble on this clown now.    One of the most despicable people in sports.   

There were people who excused his behaviour for a long, long time.

That was a good game last night.  The 5-3 was disappointing and while they did leave a lot on the ice they played well.  They need to learn the art of the one timer...there were at least 3 different times when they had an open net, but pulled the puck back before sticking it.  They are looking pretty good so far though.  The D was smothering them all night, not giving them any room to do much of anything.

Just had a wild thought. Habs are 0-4. Worst start since 1995-1996. We all know what happened next back then. Today, Habs' GM Marc Bergevin job rumored to be in jeapardy. Guess who is rumored to be a possible replacement. Imagine if the Wings go into Montreal on Saturday night, win, and this causes the Montreal ownerhship to make a move and replace Bergevin with ... Patrick Roy. Full circle!!

15 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Just had a wild thought. Habs are 0-4. Worst start since 1995-1996. We all know what happened next back then. Today, Habs' GM Marc Bergevin job rumored to be in jeapardy. Guess who is rumored to be a possible replacement. Imagine if the Wings go into Montreal on Saturday night, win, and this causes the Montreal ownerhship to make a move and replace Bergevin with ... Patrick Roy. Full circle!!

wait....do the canadiens win the stanley cup in this scenario?

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

... Imagine if the Wings go into Montreal on Saturday night, win, and this causes the Montreal ownership to make a move and replace Bergevin with ... Patrick Roy. Full circle!!

This would be hilarious!!!

I have a huge smile on my face (and trying not to crack up...) just THINKING about this...!!!

The Wings are at 2-1-1 after 4 games. All at home. Against the Cup champion and 3 teams that missed the playoffs last season, none of them finishing more than 7 points ahead of the Wings. Outplayed by Vancouver, outplayed Columbus, not sure how they against Calgary but considering the 3-0 final likely not great. So a so-so start with a pretty soft schedule. Definitely entertaining in parts though and I like the roster turnover - I believe only 5 remain from the 2019 opening night roster two years ago?

Here are some decent starts by the Wings in the 5 non-playoff years:

2016-17: 6W 2L 12PTS after 8 games

2017-18: 4W 2L 8PTS after 6 games and 10W 8L 2OTL 20PTS after 20 games

2019-20: 3W 1L 6PTS after 4 games

36 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The Wings are at 2-1-1 after 4 games. All at home. Against the Cup champion and 3 teams that missed the playoffs last season, none of them finishing more than 7 points ahead of the Wings. Outplayed by Vancouver, outplayed Columbus, not sure how they against Calgary but considering the 3-0 final likely not great. So a so-so start with a pretty soft schedule. Definitely entertaining in parts though and I like the roster turnover - I believe only 5 remain from the 2019 opening night roster two years ago?

Here are some decent starts by the Wings in the 5 non-playoff years:

2016-17: 6W 2L 12PTS after 8 games

2017-18: 4W 2L 8PTS after 6 games and 10W 8L 2OTL 20PTS after 20 games

2019-20: 3W 1L 6PTS after 4 games

after cal-GARY got their two goals, they shut it down and the wings didnt have a lot of chances after that.  sort of a listless performance.

the schedule has been easy so far.  theyre about to play two desperate teams in montreal and chicago.  and no bert for montreal.

the blackhawks are winless in 5 games and have been outscored in 5 on 5 play 17-3.  they have not had the lead in any game this season.

they are also capped out and without any #1 picks.  and tied to a max contract for seth jones for another decade.

the hawks are a more talented team than the wings, but i would much rather be the wings going forward than the hawks.

I am high on Raymond now (not necessarily so on draft day until I heard from some of you guys who loved the pick), but it is probably not realistic to expect a 19-year old rookie to keep pace with the 4 Leafs COMBINED all season.

Red Wings

Lucas Raymond   4G 3A 7PTS

Maple Leafs

John Tavares 1G 2A 3PTS
Morgan Reilly OG 3A 3PTS
Auston Matthews 1G 0A 1PT
Mitch Marner 0G 1A 1PT
Total - 2G 6A  8PTS