2021/22 Regular Season Thread

On 12/6/2021 at 10:11 AM, lordstanley said:

And this morning the Flyers fired coach Alain Vigneault. 

I swear I typed and posted a whole reply to the coaching changes yesterday!  Ugh, probably user error.  I'm very interested to see where the Canucks head from all of this, seems like they're a bit of a mess stemming from their owner?

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

I swear I typed and posted a whole reply to the coaching changes yesterday!  Ugh, probably user error.  I'm very interested to see where the Canucks head from all of this, seems like they're a bit of a mess stemming from their owner?

Elias Petersson is having a very poor year. Boeser not great either. Demko in net isnt problem but stings them to see their former  goalie Markstrom so good in Calgary. 

Most Canucks fans were pushing for Boudreau, content to cross playoff bridge once they ever get there  

Edited by lordstanley

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

meh - now that he's been infected he is no worse than someone who has been vaccinated once. He took a foolish risk to get there but got away with it.

Even if this is true I honestly do not care about him being "no worse" than a vaccinated person from a health standpoint (he has made his bed and can lay in it for all I care), but him missing games in Canada and having a longer quarantine and additional protocols due to still being unvaccinated still bugs me.  Imagine if they somehow luck into the playoffs and play Toronto or something...  I was hoping him missing game checks would change his mind if other concerns didn't. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Even if this is true I honestly do not care about him being "no worse" than a vaccinated person from a health standpoint (he has made his bed and can lay in it for all I care), but him missing games in Canada and having a longer quarantine and additional protocols due to still being unvaccinated still bugs me.  Imagine if they somehow luck into the playoffs and play Toronto or something...  I was hoping him missing game checks would change his mind if other concerns didn't. 

yeah - he's still being a PITA, but at least he's not so much a particular risk to the rest of the team. Maybe Blash should just put him on the 3rd line so Larkin and Raymond can settle in with someone.

I too am not a huge Fabbri fan, his shot is nice to have around but the rest of his game isn't very inspiring to me.  But this is still the longest commitment to a player who seems to be well liked in the room, and it is still only 3 years and $4 million a year.  Looking at his comparable contracts on capgeek it is probably a slight overpay but with where their cap space is at it now and in the future isn't something I'm worried about.  Maybe Fabbri can play a little better with more stability?  Even if he wasn't the perfect player Stevie got him for nothing so I never really griped about him.

16 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

meh - now that he's been infected he is no worse than someone who has been vaccinated once. He took a foolish risk to get there but got away with it.

It's the Canadian policy to not accept testing or proof of prior infection like many other countries do that to me is the issue, not Bertuzzi. 6 fully vaxxed but infected Flames players canceled NHL games this week, 37 positive tests in the NFL yesterday, the Bulls with 10 players in protocol get NBA games canceled.

6 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

It's the Canadian policy to not accept testing or proof of prior infection like many other countries do that to me is the issue, not Bertuzzi. 6 fully vaxxed but infected Flames players canceled NHL games this week, 37 positive tests in the NFL yesterday, the Bulls with 10 players in protocol get NBA games canceled.

Not accepting verified positive tests does seem pointless. But when all you need to do to get around someone else's dumbness is just get the damn shot, it doesn't get you off the hook to me.

21 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'm interested in seeing what they make of Shai Buim.

Supposed to be very raw, but highly talented/ athletic/ and Seider-sized IIRC...

and they used a 2nd on him, so...

We'll see what happens.

He looked really good in that video. Good skating, mobility, creative, and nice shot...

Similar to Antti Tuomisto...a guy they spent  a high 2nd rd pick on in 2019.  Haven't heard much about him...