2021/22 Regular Season Thread

LCA impressions:  really nice arena.  we lucked into kids night so they had a bunch of stuff for my 7 year old to do.  i couldnt find a hockey puck to buy, which sucked.  the prices didnt seem that high for concessions (not that they were low).  sight lines were fine and the big screens help to see the corners.  it was a nice time (even if the tickets cost a car payment).

• Like 1

That was a vicious play by Malkin, I happened to be watching the game with my parents and I couldn't believe he wasn't kicked out right there.  I think Malkin even tried to slewfoot Borowiecki before this happened.  Just a bunch of garbage plays in a row by Malkin who always seems to lose his temper and do dumb stuff.

Edited by slothfacekilla

1 minute ago, slothfacekilla said:

It is nice to see Edvinsson get some love, the Athletic guys still don't seem to want to admit how legit of a prospect he is.  Kinda weird that Craig doesn't include Soderblom in his top 50 but what can you do

they didnt come around on seider for a while either.

1 minute ago, slothfacekilla said:

They still don't seem totally convinced either but hey what can you do haha.

Interesting to see Wallstedt at 6, from what I understand he got hurt then the backup took the job from him?

in a recent piece on senators v red wings futures, they seemed to think the wings had a slight edge.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buddha said:

in a recent piece on senators v red wings futures, they seemed to think the wings had a slight edge.

I read the same article and thought they seemed to give the Sens the sight edge.  

I was surprised that most of the writers had Chabot ahead of Seider.   I think that will change in the near future. 

I took away that the Sens have the better "core" right now since the Wings' guys (Larking - Bert - Vrana) are older than the Sens' generally and may not be at their peak when the Detroit prospects are ready.  Larkin is probably the best overall player from both teams but the age part hurts him.  The Wings have a better prospect pool when you take out Edvinsson and Sanderson for their evaluations though it doesn't seem like they're wowed by Detroit's top level talent.  So it is a toss up of who has the "edge" you could say from my perspective.  It seems like most of them would take Seider as a building block so that's pretty sweet.  I am shocked everyone is rating Sanderson so high right now but he's been pretty good I guess.  I am also shocked that at least one of these guys didn't panic on Cossa a bit with how up and down he's been.

39 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I took away that the Sens have the better "core" right now since the Wings' guys (Larking - Bert - Vrana) are older than the Sens' generally and may not be at their peak when the Detroit prospects are ready.  Larkin is probably the best overall player from both teams but the age part hurts him.  The Wings have a better prospect pool when you take out Edvinsson and Sanderson for their evaluations though it doesn't seem like they're wowed by Detroit's top level talent.  So it is a toss up of who has the "edge" you could say from my perspective.  It seems like most of them would take Seider as a building block so that's pretty sweet.  I am shocked everyone is rating Sanderson so high right now but he's been pretty good I guess.  I am also shocked that at least one of these guys didn't panic on Cossa a bit with how up and down he's been.

I was a little surprised too at how many viewed Cossa as the difference maker in prospects.   Upside is still good and goalies are super weird in their development.  

cossa looks like a giraffe.  really big and doesnt knkw how to walk yet.  once he learns how to walk, he could be pretry good.

or not.  he's a goalie so you never know.

hopefully cossa is vasilevsky and edvinsson is hedman and mazur is pointe.

11 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Moment of silence for Mike Bossy at Isles-Habs tonight. 

bossy was probably the first hockey player name i remember.  i remember the sports illustrated cover with him on it and i remember them winning all those cups in a row and i remember being mad at them for beating wayne gretzky (everyone liked gretzky back then).

oh, i do remember hating billy smith.

• Thanks 1