2023 NFL Draft As-It-Happens

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Actually I didn't. I was asking why you didn't trust Holmes since that is all you talked about before the draft until he drafted a player you didn't like. 

No matter how good the Lions become, negativity is rooted deeply in some people. And it creates a twisted, strange, sense of humor. Holmes built a playoff contender in a very short time. 

If I would have said I love the Hooker pick, Buddha would then attack me as being a homer since I was against taking a QB before the draft. It is a no win situation. 

nope.

i would have given you props for admitting you were wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

No matter how good the Lions become, negativity is rooted deeply in some people. And it creates a twisted, strange, sense of humor. Holmes built a playoff contender in a very short time. 

are you saying im negative?  i liked the hooker pick.  and the branch pick.

If I would have said I love the Hooker pick, Buddha would then attack me as being a homer since I was against taking a QB before the draft. It is a no win situation. 

Goff is going to be very expensive. Moving on from Swift was necessary for money reasons as well as his inability to stay healthy. Holmes is actually looking towards the future as much as he is for next season. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Goff is going to be very expensive. Moving on from Swift was necessary for money reasons as well as his inability to stay healthy. Holmes is actually looking towards the future as much as he is for next season. 

So what happens if Hooker is good? He's going to be almost as old as Goff when it comes time to sign him. 

1 minute ago, Stanley70 said:

If you told me who the lions drafted and what picks they had, I don't think I would have matched any of them up.

Day 2 delivers again!  Well done!

EDIT: Seriously, this might actually end up being the best post in this entire thread.

Edited by sagnam

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I mean, if you're not willing to pay Goff why would you pay Hooker? 

I think you are the only one who has said someone doesn't want to pay him.  It was implied that if you draft in the top 10 you might want to consider taking a generational talent at QB because you might not draft that high again for a while.  And an added bonus of drafting that generation talent is they will be cheaper for a bit.  It's not the reason, it's a perk.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

We have him cheap for 4 years. Years 3 and 4 may be his, if he produces. Goff may be asking about $50m a season. If he actually maintains his good play.

But you have Goff for at least one year. You save at most for 3 seasons and you are right back to where you are now. I find this salary cap argument to be weird. 

Just now, sagnam said:

I think you are the only one who has said someone doesn't want to pay him.  It was implied that if you draft in the top 10 you might want to consider taking a generational talent at QB because you might not draft that high again for a while.  And an added bonus of drafting that generation talent is they will be cheaper for a bit.  It's not the reason, it's a perk.

The post I was quoting was literally suggesting Goff was going to cost too much and that's why you move on to Hooker. If they are unwilling to pay Goff then, why would they pay Hooker?