06/04/2023 2:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

casimir

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Chicago is a really bad baseball team and they're going to sweep the Tigers. I guess a bad team is better than a horrible team.

Remember, too, that we are at less than full strength.  The only guy the White Sox have on the IL is JImmy Lambert. We, on the other hand, have Eduardo Rodriguez and Tarik Skubal and Casey Mize and Matt Manning and Spencer Turnbull and Riley Greene and Matt Vierling and Kerry Carpenter and Austin Meadows all unavailable and not playing for us.

If we had most of those guys with us on the team, we'd probably be in a better position to take this series.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Remember, too, that we are at less than full strength.  The only guy the White Sox have on the IL is JImmy Lambert. We, on the other hand, have Eduardo Rodriguez and Tarik Skubal and Casey Mize and Matt Manning and Spencer Turnbull and Riley Greene and Matt Vierling and Kerry Carpenter and Austin Meadows all unavailable and not playing for us.

If we had most of those guys with us on the team, we'd probably be in a better position to take this series.

True, if healthy this team might actually win 10 games this June instead of maaayyyybe the 5 games max that they're looking at as is, stronk🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Miss use of Lange. You can’t get someone to live the closer mentality life and then put him in these situations. Get the lead in the 10th bring him in. We can’t score, the end.

Disagree. I believe this was a game we really needed to win, so I agree with managing for today rather than managing for the season. In a case like that, you bring in your best man in your highest-leverage situation, and leverage does not get any higher than this. I don't believe this was the time for Tony La Russa-style push-button bullpen management, where the "closer" comes in only in a save situation. It just so happened it didn't work out this time.

I don't think today hurts Lange's trade value, if he's made available on the block.

Edited by chasfh

Could there be a different reliever of the month in June? :classic_sad:

Meh - Lange had a bad day - but who knows, if they had scored a couple of runs and he came in not having to work so fine maybe he doesn't walk anyone.

There aren't many times I'm going to fault the pitching in a loss when we scored 2 or less.