NBA Info - June 2023

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Its seems crazy that Las Vegas doesn't have an NBA ready arena already.  What about where the Golden Knights play?  Is that their own playpen designed for hockey only?  I guess all of the other basketball ready venues are probably designed for smaller basketball crowds (college) and or not for a permanent NBA tenant.  It just sounds kind of silly in part because there are a few college conference tournaments already held in Las Vegas.

31 minutes ago, casimir said:

Its seems crazy that Las Vegas doesn't have an NBA ready arena already.  What about where the Golden Knights play?  Is that their own playpen designed for hockey only?  I guess all of the other basketball ready venues are probably designed for smaller basketball crowds (college) and or not for a permanent NBA tenant.  It just sounds kind of silly in part because there are a few college conference tournaments already held in Las Vegas.

Thomas and Mack holds 18,000 but it's 40 years old. 

They are competing against other cities so having a brand new basketball only arena is a plus for them.

22 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Thomas and Mack holds 18,000 but it's 40 years old. 

They are competing against other cities so having a brand new basketball only arena is a plus for them.

Yeah, T&M probably isn't suited for the NBA.  I find it difficult to believe any new arena will be basketball only, but if the Knights are the primary of one play pen and the NBA team has their to anchor, both buildings can probably find enough other attractions to keep operations moving along in the profitable side.

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

What about T mobile arena? That's where they hold all the UFC fights.

T Mobile might be booked enough that adding NBA games are just too much of a strain.

I suppose another arena specifically for an NBA but also allowing for other events would help alleviate any kinds of arena capacity issues Las Vegas might have.  Plus, it seems like there is always some sort of renovation/demolition/reconstruction going on there.  Some other smaller/older arena might be looking at the wrecking ball sooner rather than later anyway.

Kind of reminds me of the Pistons previous era. Should've traded Dre long before they did (not that he was as good as either Beal or Porzingis), but instead they doubled down on a team everyone knew was mediocre. By the time Gores let them rebuild, all they got was a second round pick to start the rebuild. Makes you envious of teams like OKC and Houston that started their rebuilds with a ton of draft assets.

Speaking of Kuminga, I didn't bother to go down the rabbit hole to fact check but I saw some twitter headlines yesterday that said that he is now being measured at 7' after "only" being 6'7 when he was drafted. I know I grew a couple inches from the time I graduated High School till my 20th birthday so I know first hand it's not out of the realm of possibility to grow at that age but that would be a MAJOR late growth spurt.

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Speaking of Kuminga, I didn't bother to go down the rabbit hole to fact check but I saw some twitter headlines yesterday that said that he is now being measured at 7' after "only" being 6'7 when he was drafted. I know I grew a couple inches from the time I graduated High School till my 20th birthday so I know first hand it's not out of the realm of possibility to grow at that age but that would be a MAJOR late growth spurt.

That was a joke some people started online.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

you'll have to ask del about his shoes...

• Haha 1