NBA Info - June 2023

Is there a market for Bogdanovich?

This is a guy who was traded less than a year ago for absolute peanuts.  Danny AInge is a good GM who is notorious for wringing maximum value from his assets.  That means Bojan was shopped hard to every team in the league.  Nobody was biting then at the low price, why would they now?

People will say everyone wants shooting. Well, Duncan Robinson has been on the trade block for over a year and nobody has bitten.  Miami banished him to the bench and rarely played him.  Both of these guys are two of the best shooters in the entire league and also two of the worst defenders in the league.  Although, I thought Robinson did a bit better in the playoffs when called on.

If you are a contender can 20% of the guys on the floor play putrid defense?  Even if they are great shooters I'm not sure they can.

If I am a team looking at the Pistons roster, I want Burks over Bojan 10 times out of 10.  Smaller contract, just as good of a shooter.  Bojan is better on the ball but Burks is much better on defense.

Bogdanovich has a much better mid range game than Robinson. 

It's hard to gauge what his value is because there's no real rumors of any offers for him or that the Pistons even had him on the market. I wouldn't say his value is the same as when the Pistons picked him up because he had a career year last season so I'm sure he holds at least some value to a contender.

His role on a contender will be to shoot threes.  In Utah he took about 1 mid-range shot per game.  Contenders have stars to do that stuff, nobody is paying Bojan to do it.  He did it here because we have no talent.  His role will be identical to Robinson with a contender.  

49 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

James Harden Wants Trade To Clippers, 'Extremely Upset' By How Sixers Handled Situation

Another great example of why you never take less money.  Kobe was right.  Get all you can and let the owner decide how to pay the other players.  Don't be a chump and help out a billionaire.  

Is this Harden's third trade request in as many years now? I'll never understand how people keep giving him money and/or want to acquire him in a trade. Especially now, at his age, with his playoff record, and his clear history of putting your organization in a bad spot when he screws up and decides it's your fault.

About the money, I'm pretty sure if I had already earned hundreds of millions and could take a little less on the next contract to put the team in a position to get my first championship, I would do it. Strippers only cost so much and if you have any semblance of a competitive spirit then you'll want to actually achieve something lasting in your career beyond earning a few more dollars to add to your Scrooge McDuck money diving pit.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

James Harden Wants Trade To Clippers, 'Extremely Upset' By How Sixers Handled Situation

Another great example of why you never take less money.  Kobe was right.  Get all you can and let the owner decide how to pay the other players.  Don't be a chump and help out a billionaire.  

another example about how stupid it is to rely on james harden.

i know daryl morey is supposed to be some kind of genius, but his love affair with james haeden makes me question the formulas in his spreadsheets.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

His role on a contender will be to shoot threes.  In Utah he took about 1 mid-range shot per game.  Contenders have stars to do that stuff, nobody is paying Bojan to do it.  He did it here because we have no talent.  His role will be identical to Robinson with a contender.  

Sure but I would assume that a perennial 18-20ppg player has more value around the league than a bench sparkplug. 

With that said, I'm not sure the Pistons have any real interest in trading him anyway.

3 hours ago, buddha said:

$27m for johnson

$32m for grant

$34m for middleton

$42m for kyrie

$43m for FVV!!!!

I was dismayed at the Harris trade at first and still think the Pistons should have squeezed more value out of that contract but it's a good day for the Pistons because they didn't tie themselves to any ridiculous contract for players that aren't high impact guys.

• Thanks 1