NBA Info - June 2023

Wow. They got a hot pile of garbage because of that no trade clause. Beal got to choose where to go and they had to make it happen. 

Oh well, I was already rooting against the Suns because of KD, so making a “super team” with stars choosing trade destinations only reinforces that for me. 

The NTC certainly didn't help things but I'm not so sure it made a major difference. Reason being is you would assume if you were going to trade for a guy that is demanding a trade and makes the amount of money Beal does you want to be certain that he is motivated and wants to play for you before you finalize it anyway. Also I just think any of the teams that would realistically want to trade for a 30 year old on a major contract would be a contender and a place Beal would've accepted to play at anyway. The real killer was his contract and the fact that teams that would be interested didn't have a ton of real assets to give back without breaking up their current core. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

I don't think there's ever been a more polarizing player in terms of trade value. You're either getting a complete disaster of a player that can't ever get on the court due to injury, being out of shape etc. (the baby mama drama is so inconsequential, who cares in terms of basketball?) or you're getting a guy that could be a perennial top 5-10 player in the NBA if he stays healthy.

It's probably worth a shot for a franchise that has a hard time attracting star players and is in desperate need of getting off the treadmill and Charlotte/Portland would fit that bill. If I was Charlotte, I would just draft Scoot.

If I was Charlotte, I'd probably just draft Scoot.

On the other hand, if you're Portland and Scoot falls to you, you pretty much have to make the deal for Zion. They've put all their eggs in the Dame basket and this is the most realistic shot they have at getting a superstar next to him. Huge risk that he doesn't play, but if you're not going to do the right thing and blow it up, then you have no choice.

The other option is they do a last second 180 if Scoot falls and decide to move Dame while they can still get a haul for him, which would be the right move.