06/14/2023 1:10 pm EDT Atlanta Braves vs Detroit Tigers (Game 1 of Doubleheader)

casimir

1 hour ago, Dave Christian said:

I certainly hope Tork is on the right track and stays there!

I'm not quite ready to eat the crow just yet but Tork has me smackin my lips.

In the minors...he would get dialed in and hit them in bunches.  What a boost to the offense if he starts doing that here

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Eff him.

Not a quality person...but the Tigers really screwed him over in 1969.  I recall reading in Freehan's "Behind the Mask" how the team was pumping his shoulder full of cortisone to mask his shoulder injury and running him out there to pitch.  Destroyed his arm...

Just now, Shinzaki said:

Not a quality person...but the Tigers really screwed him over in 1969.  I recall reading in Freehan's "Behind the Mask" how the team was pumping his shoulder full of cortisone to mask his shoulder injury and running him out there to pitch.  Destroyed his arm...

Now I understand why he robbed that pension fund.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Please stop Todd Jones.  Brendan White K’d his first batter on 3 pitches and RollerCoaster is babbling with fans in the Tigers food court, missing it.

I don’t care if Todd Jones misses it—I don’t want to miss it!

I hope the kids’ folks are in the ballpark and not at home forced to rely on a Tigers broadcast that’s paying attention to everything except his debut. 

Just now, Dave Christian said:

I hope to have to never have to watch another series of games with an announcing situation like we are being tortured with in this series.

I wouldn’t bet any money against that. I really don’t know who in the organization is responsible for it, but whatever the deal is, changing the broadcast situation is way way down the list.