06/24/2023 7:15 pm EDT Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Olson hit his wall. Strike % on the slider falls and he's in trouble. Kid needs to get more value out of his FB - throw it higher - spot it better, something.

and the Twins getting some of the luck the Tigers got earlier.

Why most think he'll end up in the pen eventually. Could be a real weapon there though. 

17 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Why most think he'll end up in the pen eventually. Could be a real weapon there though. 

That's why I'd rather draft a guy with great spin on his FB than his slider. If your fastball is great, your off speed doesn't have to be - it will still work. If your off speed is great, that's nice, but you will still get hammered when you have to throw your fastball.

I don't think Avila ever understood the difference.

Edited by gehringer_2

He can and he will. If you can mash fastballs you should adjust to off speed but right now he’s a pretzel and can’t hit either. And he belongs on second base.  Getting schooled at third does not help his hitting. This and batting him fifth does not make sense to me. Obit hey see a player so why not play him at a position of familiarity and bat him lower. Let him breathe a bit.