06/24/2023 7:15 pm EDT Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

46 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Checking out that Angels box score. 

Anthony Rendon is injured? 

NO FREAKING WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some notes on the Angel's box score: through the first 4 innings: 37-AB 23-hits 23-runs 5-hr's ...What's the batting avg, slugging % OPS etc... Every hitter had at least two hits but Otahni, who was 1-5 with 2 K's.

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Good point but hitting a fastball is a requirement as well is it not ?

Absolutely. It's true that guys that can't handle the velocity side reasonably well normally won't get past AA, so we don't see them. Though a few do get all the way to the majors before finally being exposed  - e.g. Christin Stewart.

13 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

so I came in after it started - who's in the booth for Fox?

EDIT: Pierzynski? I thought he would sound more like a jerk.....:classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Pierzynski is the color guy

I think he’s better in the booth than I want him to be.  It’s been a bit, but I bet if we go back in a time bot, we’d realize he’s the kind of player (bat, glove, and intangibles) that is appreciated on your team and loathed on the other team.

I just dropped bat, bet, bit, bot, and but in the same sentence.  I think that’s some sort of grammatical cycle.

12 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Olson hit his wall. Strike % on the slider falls and he's in trouble. Kid needs to get more value out of his FB - throw it higher - spot it better, something.

and the Twins getting some of the luck the Tigers got earlier.

There’s something to work with there.  And for the lowly price of Daniel Norris?  Ha!