07/01/2023 9:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Colorado Rockies

casimir

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

All I remember about Aldred is that he was terrible.  Then he left and was terrible for some other teams and finally the Tigers got him back.  That's the 90s Tigers.  

Not that Aldred wasn't terrible, but I do wonder how many 90's Tigers pitchers were hurt by horrible fielding behind them. Pitchers weren's striking out nearly as many back then, so having some combination of Cecil Fielder at first base, aging Tram/Lou up the middle, Mickey Tettleton at C/RF, Gibson in CF, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edman85 said:

Not that Aldred wasn't terrible, but I do wonder how many 90's Tigers pitchers were hurt by horrible fielding behind them. Pitchers weren's striking out nearly as many back then, so having some combination of Cecil Fielder at first base, aging Tram/Lou up the middle, Mickey Tettleton at C/RF, Gibson in CF, etc.

Everybody blamed their losing on too many strikeouts, but it was off course bad run prevention - both pitching and fielding.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It’s July 1 so it looks like there’s a whole new batch of streaming commercials I’m seeing for the first time and will be tearing my hair out every time they come on by August.

As long as that fake redneck's baby isn't sittin' by him anymore...

Lol, Tork let a meatball changeup go right by him for a called strike one, then Gibby was murmuring in tongues under his breath, followed by awkward silence. That right there is the 2023 Tigers offense in a nutshell.

Edited by Dtrain72

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

It’s July 1 so it looks like there’s a whole new batch of streaming commercials I’m seeing for the first time and will be tearing my hair out every time they come on by August.

I was wrong. I’m already done with them. 🤢🤮