07/09/2023 1:40 pm EDT Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Good ABs today for Torkelson. He knew Bassitt wouldn't come inside again after the double and the shot to the track so he sat on the outside pitch.

Greene OTOH - is something else.

April Tork tries to pull that and rolls it to short

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I wanna see how things are shaping up at the end of March 2024 before I commit to that number, but yeah—it’s not about this year.

You gotta figure that next year will likely be Colt Keith, Jackson Jobe and Parker Meadow's rookie years, and a comeback year for Casey Mize, and there will be bumps - then the year after is when we'll probably we ready to spend on a hole in the lineup and maybe see Jace Jung and Wyatt Langford in 2025.    

5 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Tbf to the umps, Harvy is normally such a windmill that swings at everything, that he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt...oh well, left points on the feild again there.

I think the umps were right, but Gania, the PBP on the radio today, might be one of those “my guys right or wrong” guys. I think that comes off as ingratiating, and minor-leaguey. YMMV, but I don’t like that kind of guy. I like truth-tellers like Dan.

Edited by chasfh

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I think the umps were right, but Gania, the PBP on the radio today, might be one of those “my guys right or wrong” guys. I think that comes off as ingratiatingly minor-leaguey. YMMV, but I don’t like that kind of guy. I like truth-tellers like Dan.

It was real close, and too close for a hitter like Javy.  Miggy in his prime may have gotten that call. CMo was also upset about the call...but it really wasnt that agregious 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You gotta figure that next year will likely be Colt Keith, Jackson Jobe and Parker Meadow's rookie years, and a comeback year for Casey Mize, and there will be bumps - then the year after is when we'll probably we ready to spend on a hole in the lineup and maybe see Jace Jung and Wyatt Langford in 2025.    

Keith, probably and Meadows, definitely. Jobe is flinging low-A ball right now after getting hurt. He’s a few years away from big boy pants.

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

Are they completely clueless to the fact that maybe 70,000 were Blue Jay fans?  It was actually a little embarrassing if I’m being honest.  

They know...they're just being disingenuous as usual.  This org and Bally are very much about their own cringe-worthy propaganda at times.