07/09/2023 1:40 pm EDT Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

There is nothing they can do about the offense.   It just sucks and it will for the rest of the year and probably next year too. 

I still dont agree with this.  I'm not buying that a Keith or Meadows bat added to this team doesnt at least make it a tic better...especially with the offensive bar being so low. That said, I know they wont call up either of those guys, so is what it is.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lineup with 4 starters and 5 utility men every night probably ain't ever gonna do much.    Especially when one of those starters is Javy The Human Windmill.  

On real team that was actually in a penant chase, Javy would hit in the 7-9 spot...

15 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

On the other hand, it's a good weekend when you get results from Greene, Torkelson, Manning and Skubal.

Woodsy won stage 9 of the Tour de France today! 36 years old! He beat the kid from Idaho, but I still don’t feel bad about it because, Goddammit, it’s Woodsy! “We are the world. We are the children…”

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

On the other hand, it's a good weekend when you get results from Greene, Torkelson, Manning and Skubal.

yeah, I thought it was a good weekend.  Those are the four most important players on the roster in terms of their future.    

34 minutes ago, casimir said:

I’m no fan of Cisnero, but Lange’s wildness is too much.  Can’t be confident in a 5+ BB/9.  Too much like Soto.

Lange is the closer for now, not for the future.

Need better, agree.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yup -but that said, it's time to reverse rolls for Lange and Foley.

I'll bet Hinch won't do this.

But he should.

Last point on Lange:

If he's the last piece that must be included (let's say a team wants/ and MUST have both Eduardo & Lange) that nets us a premium prospect... There are no objections from my side.

57 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Woodsy won stage 9 of the Tour de France today! 36 years old! He beat the kid from Idaho, but I still don’t feel bad about it because, Goddammit, it’s Woodsy! “We are the world. We are the children…”

Woodsy!  He just massacred that hill.  All he wanted from this Tour was a stage win, and he got it.  Chapeau!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

I still dont agree with this.  I'm not buying that a Keith or Meadows bat added to this team doesnt at least make it a tic better...especially with the offensive bar being so low. That said, I know they wont call up either of those guys, so is what it is.

Doesn't Meadows play OF? Who's spot would he take? And I hear Keith has some defensive issues. So they would not only need to out-perform the players they replace but also play at least equal defense. 

4 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Woodsy!  He just massacred that hill.  All he wanted from this Tour was a stage win, and he got it.  Chapeau!

I can’t remember if it was last year in the Tour or the Spanish La Vuelta when he got injured and had to leave. I hope no downtown areas in Canada are burned down by rioting celebrators tonight.  

12 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Doesn't Meadows play OF? Who's spot would he take? And I hear Keith has some defensive issues. So they would not only need to out-perform the players they replace but also play at least equal defense. 

I'd give Meadows some time over Badoo at this point.  And again on Keith (or any of the young guys in Toledo doing well), what does it hurt to give them a chance up here?  Look around at good teams like Tampa, Arizona, they arent leaving young guys who show a pulse to wallow in the minors while half the lineup on their big league team hits like Bernie Lomax, ie, the what the Tigers org is doing.  And before the "they brought Tork up too soon and now he's broken!"...both Keith and Meadows are doing better in Toledo than Tork did...not sure that will translate, but Tork wasnt exactly mashing down there, then all of a sudden got the call up and dropped off and sucked🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dtrain72

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

I'd give Meadows some time over Badoo at this point.  And again on Keith (or any of the young guys in Toledo doing well), what does it hurt to give them a chance up here?  Look around at good teams like Tampa, Arizona, they arent leaving young guys who show a pulse to wallow in the minors while half the lineup on their big league team hits like Bernie Lomax, ie, the what the Tigers org is doing.  And before the "they brought Tork up too soon and now he's broken!"...both Keith and Meadows are doing better in Toledo than Tork did...not sure that will translate, but Tork wasnt exactly mashing down there, then all of a sudden got the call up and dropped off and sucked🤷‍♂️

So you would put Keith at 3rd base and Meadows in LF? Bench Baddoo and McKinstry? Also, who would you replace on the 26 man roster? Honest questions...I would rather have these guys playing every day in Toledo. But, that's just my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

So you would put Keith at 3rd base and Meadows in LF? Bench Baddoo and McKinstry? Also, who would you replace on the 26 man roster? Honest questions...I would rather have these guys playing every day in Toledo. But, that's just my opinion.

Meadows has played a LOT of professional baseball, I would have no problem calling him up. The question is would he help? You're not going to give him Riley's or Carpenter's ABs. Maybe if Baddoo can't find it, but you have to give Akil some PA before you cut bait there.

It's on the IF they need the help. But Keith has 33 PA at AAA. If he can get to at least 100 without crashing then maybe I'll be on board for taking a look.