07/18/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Kansas City Royals

casimir

Just now, AZTigersfan said:

I know we’re facing a lefty but I still don’t get why Greene isn’t playing. He’s had success against Lynch before and this offense needs all the firepower they can get. 

He's been playing more DH than center lately. They must have some concerns about his leg.

2 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

Hopefully they are just being cautious and there won't be any more IL time.

It was mentioned on the radio last night that Greene would get a day off today.  The primary reason is to rest the league.  It probably doesn’t hurt that a lefty is on the mound, but that’s probably of secondary concern.

Carpenter gets another crack at a lefty, so that’s good.  I’d like to see more of it going forward.  If healthy, an OF of Greene in CF flanked by Carpenter and Vierling vs LHPs would be fine.  I’d rather see what Carpenter can do rather than hope Haase comes out of his doldrums.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

It was mentioned on the radio last night that Greene would get a day off today.  The primary reason is to rest the league.  It probably doesn’t hurt that a lefty is on the mound, but that’s probably of secondary concern.

Carpenter gets another crack at a lefty, so that’s good.  I’d like to see more of it going forward.  If healthy, an OF of Greene in CF flanked by Carpenter and Vierling vs LHPs would be fine.  I’d rather see what Carpenter can do rather than hope Haase comes out of his doldrums.

I am sure the league is more at ease tonight.

• Haha 1