08/06/2023 1:40 pm EDT Tampa Bay Rays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

I almost commented on this last night but decided against it. I understand this team isn’t overly talented. However, the problem you note isn’t out of the norm with this team. Agree, very discouraging at this level. 

When the astute players' only broadcast is critical of mental errors (outfielders not throwing to stop back runners from picking up another 90 feet, running through base signs, trying to create a double play where there isn't one and then getting no outs, etc.), .... it ain't good.

20 hours ago, Toddwert said:

They should rename the players only broadcast to the old man broadcast 

That was truly terrible. Jones is the only one the least bit interested in keeping the PBP on track or has that any useful analysis, but his elocution is so bad he's hard to listen to. I like him but he needs to go to radio school if people are going to keep putting him in front of a microphone.

It's testament to how bad they know the regular broadcast is that these are even getting on the air. Should we/can we assume Shepherd is gone after this season?

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

That was truly terrible. Jones is the only one the least bit interested in keeping the PBP on track or has that any useful analysis, but his elocution is so bad he's hard to listen to. I like him but he needs to go to radio school if people are going to keep putting him in front of a microphone.

It's testament to how bad they know the regular broadcast is that these are even getting on the air. Should we/can we assume Shepherd is gone after this season?

a boy can dream.  Though, I prefer Shep in the mix in contrast to the players-only debacle.  They were lacking an adult in the mix to keep things on track.

In reality, they need a new PBP guy, and pair them with either Petry or Andy Dirks (who is killing it on the radio).  I don't mind Gibby in the mix, as long as he's not with his buddies (i.e., Rozema).

Greg Gania and Dan Hasty are both good on radio. I’d like to have either of those guys up if Dirks doesn’t sign on. 
Maybin and Scales were both good early on but I’d look elsewhere for a permanent radio guy. Maybin and Scales sound like they’re forcing it often times.