08/06/2023 1:40 pm EDT Tampa Bay Rays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

27 minutes ago, kdog said:

Baez is available off the bench today. He will go on the bereavement list in the ‘near future.’ The tigers always have some strange stuff going on.

the slacker who asked for a day off for a funeral in two weeks used to be the butt of dumb employee jokes as no-one had notice that far ahead of a funeral, but that is something that has changed. In recent years I've been to a lot of funeral/memorial services weeks and months after a death. 

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the slacker who asked for a day off for a funeral in two weeks used to be the butt of dumb employee jokes as no-one had notice that far ahead of a funeral, but that is something that has changed. In recent years I've been to a lot of funeral/memorial services weeks and months after a death. 

During the pandemic, they didn't allow groups of people together. So many people were having memorial tributes a year or two later. We had one for my ex FIL a year and half after he passed.

14 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

During the pandemic, they didn't allow groups of people together. So many people were having memorial tributes a year or two later. We had one for my ex FIL a year and half after he passed.

Yes - I think the pandemic did a lot to normalize something people have wanted to do anyway. The other factors are the increase in cremations and families scattered across the country. If an interment isn't driving the schedule a family can work out a date that more people are able to meet.

3 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Manning still hanging his off speed pitches right over the plate. This could get ugly fast!

I don't like the approach. At least the 1st time throw use your FB more until they start getting around on it. You're doing a hitter a favor telling him he doesn't have to look for velo right out of the gate.

• Like 1