08/09/2023 6:40 pm EDT Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

7 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Lol, yep, that's exactly me watching him predictably get eaten up after the good foul ball contact.

I don’t think you’re a Debbie downer but to be fair you do seem to focus a lot of your frustration on Tork. The whole team has under performered at the plate outside of Greene and maybe Carp. We have for the last 3 years. Different players, same results.  Underperforming, regression, or under developed.

Perhaps there’s more to it that players just “suck.” Every broadcast against a good team we hear about something innovative they do to help their hitters. When’s that last time we’ve heard the tigers doing that? Definitely not recently. 

6 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

I don’t think you’re a Debbie downer but to be fair you do seem to focus a lot of your frustration on Tork. The whole team has under performered at the plate outside of Greene and maybe Carp. We have for the last 3 years. Different players, same results.  Underperforming, regression, or under developed.

Perhaps there’s more to it that players just “suck.” Every broadcast against a good team we hear about something innovative they do to help their hitters. When’s that last time we’ve heard the tigers doing that? Definitely not recently. 

Fair enough, and tbf to Tork, he is statistically progressing this season, but then again, he's a #1OA draft pick, who's cealing appears to be on track to be an average at best MLB player, which is great for this diaper fire offense I reckon.  Further, your point plays into another side of my Debbie-Downer-ness:  my criticism of this team under AJ and how they dont seem to develop offensively under his tenure up to this point, they are bad at the plate.

Edited by Dtrain72
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

This is a very mechanistic, analytics focused management team. That is probably a perfect match for supporting pitchers, not sure it's that much real help to hitters. At this level, hitting is as much between the ears as it is the mechanics.

In Tork's case in particular, I think the idea of a few more days off here and there seems an obvious move to which Hinch seems oblivious. Just from his body language you see nights it looks like the game is wearing on him.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1