09/05/2023 7:05pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees

casimir

Didnt realize Stanton had 400 bombs. Yeah he's been breaking down over the years but in the games he plays he still hits them at an elite rate so only being 33 I could see him maybe getting to 500.

If he doesnt its hard to see any player getting there in the next 10-15 years, maybe Manny Machado or Judge if he keeps hitting 50+ a year but both are far from sure things. 

46 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Didnt realize Stanton had 400 bombs. Yeah he's been breaking down over the years but in the games he plays he still hits them at an elite rate so only being 33 I could see him maybe getting to 500.

If he doesnt its hard to see any player getting there in the next 10-15 years, maybe Manny Machado or Judge if he keeps hitting 50+ a year but both are far from sure things. 

Yes, those types of records that used to assure HOF status are NO longer. ex 3000 hits, 500 HRs, 300 wins, etc...

Due to health and injuries, that are so much more common now - you may never see (possible rare exceptions) those milestone/numbers again (ex a player career starting from 2010+).

It may be more of a 10-15+ year career with a 'good' amount of games played, some nos. (ex HRs, career BA/OBO, WAR, etc.) along with MVP(s), CY Young award (s), WS and team successes, etc. - the criteria more than likely will 'have' to change.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

If Mike Trout could stay on the field he might blow by it. Now I’m not sure he even gets to 400.

Bryce Harper might do it. He needs 200 and is only 30, and is capable of 40+ or even 50 for a couple good years.

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Stanton has a few seasons where his extra base hits are about the same number as his singles.

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

He is signed through 2030.  He'll get to 400 the same way Cabrera got to 500  .   

I'm not so sure Trout makes it intact all the way to then, but I suppose he could Miggy his way into the Hall of Fame, which he would make anyway even if he walked off the field for good today.

I do think he'll perform at All-Star level when he is on the field pretty much all the way to the end. It's just staying on the field that will be the issue.