09/14/2023 1:10 pm EDT Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

3 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

You can still get those from retailers like Mitchell & Ness.  Banishing that version of the olde english D was one of the dumbest moves of the Avila regime.  And they tried to sell us on MLB pushing uniformity.  Yet the Yankees still have multiple different interlocking NY logos.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, theroundsquare said:

You can still get those from retailers like Mitchell & Ness.  Banishing that version of the olde english D was one of the dumbest moves of the Avila regime.  And they tried to sell us on MLB pushing uniformity.  Yet the Yankees still have multiple different interlocking NY logos.

To be fair to Al, I don't think that was his decision.  That's more of a marketing thing.  Al's job was the players and coaches.

I hate it.  Caberera's last game should be wearing the same jersey that our other legends wore.  Not some gimmicky gas station knock off.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, oblong said:

To be fair to Al, I don't think that was his decision.  That's more of a marketing thing.  Al's job was the players and coaches.

I hate it.  Caberera's last game should be wearing the same jersey that our other legends wore.  Not some gimmicky gas station knock off.

I agree that Al's screwups were related only to the product on the field.

3 hours ago, theroundsquare said:

I’ve never seen so many different color baseball shoes as these guys wear now…on the same team. Neon this and neon that. Don’t even start on all the chains, literally, that these guys wear around their necks. The only thing that is uniform on the MLB mandated uniforms is that ugly Nike slug on the chest.