October 2023 Games

lordstanley

36 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I am using espn plus directly and it has been fine

That Petry penalty felt like the ref felt pressured by the crowd's reaction to the non-penalty a few moments earlier.

Watching through Hulu and it's truly awful.   Just terrible.   My fire stick is a foot away from the modem too.     Freeze. Buffer, Kick me Out, freeze, buffer, kick me out, repeat 3 seconds of action twice, miss 10 seconds of action.  freeze again.  blood pressure rising.  

They hung with the Devils and that was with taking a bunch of bonehead penalties, hitting a couple early posts, and having a couple guys whiff on good chances.  They have a lot to clean up but there is promise there.  I hope they spend a lot of time watching film on the Devlis' fast skaters blowing by their defense going wide into the offensive zone.  SO many times it felt like Detroit's defense were too late to pivot or engage and were letting guys go right by them.

49 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

They hung with the Devils and that was with taking a bunch of bonehead penalties, hitting a couple early posts, and having a couple guys whiff on good chances.  They have a lot to clean up but there is promise there.  I hope they spend a lot of time watching film on the Devlis' fast skaters blowing by their defense going wide into the offensive zone.  SO many times it felt like Detroit's defense were too late to pivot or engage and were letting guys go right by them.

I was surprised by NJ’s speed and overall talent. I guess I shouldn’t have been, given their breakthrough last season,  but perhaps I was thinking they had overperformed.  Jack Hughes is the real deal. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I was surprised by NJ’s speed and overall talent. I guess I shouldn’t have been, given their breakthrough last season,  but perhaps I was thinking they had overperformed.  Jack Hughes is the real deal. 

Agreed. It sucks losing the season opener. But that is a pretty good New Jersey squad.

47 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

it helps when you win multiple lotteries.

34 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Disappointed to see Chraiot with the most time on ice of any player on the team last night. Chiarot had 22:32 of ice time. Looks like he's the new Dan Clearly or Bertuzzi after one game haha.

??  I'm seeing Chiarot played 19:23 while Seider played 26:14 and Walman 21:22??  Compher got more time than him too. Chiarot's minutes were probably inflated with all the penalties the Wings took too, including two Petry penalties and one Walman penalty.  Just how the game flow goes sometimes.

Edited by slothfacekilla

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

??  I'm seeing Chiarot played 19:23 while Seider played 26:14 and Walman 21:22??  Compher got more time than him too. Chiarot's minutes were probably inflated with all the penalties the Wings took too, including two Petry penalties and one Walman penalty.  Just how the game flow goes sometimes.

ESPN was showing Chairot at 22:32 for ice time unless I looked at the wrong Wings/Devils game. Carry on if I'm wrong.

12 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

ESPN was showing Chairot at 22:32 for ice time unless I looked at the wrong Wings/Devils game. Carry on if I'm wrong.

Good chance for me to post the full boxscore, for other stats that may have been interest. ESPN.com may have had that at one point and then corrected it, as this seems to be accurate now.

Screenshot (1465).png

Edited by lordstanley

i finally got a chance to watch the game and was pretty impressed with detroit.  they outplayed jersey for a lot of the game.  the passing looked good, they outshot them for most of the game, played physical.

jersey is a good team and hughes has turned into what a #1 pick is supposed to be.  i was encouraged with detroit's play, fwiw.

• Like 1