October 2023 Games

lordstanley

17 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The Wings are becoming more skilled upfront, but I would still rate the goaltending tandem as league average or worse and the 7 defensemen (even with the added depth) as a group decidedly below league average. That puts a ceiling on this team. Seider and Walman are good NHL defensemen, Maata is pretty good. Edvinsson might be pretty good shortly after being called up. So we need at least two of Petry, Holl, Gostisbehere and Chiarot to "not suck" - I'm not sure that's a given.

"ghost" and holl have not sucked so far.  i dont know if i'd call maata pretty good, but he's been serviceable.

Speaking of skilled up front...that pass Veleno made late in the third into the slot that got banged off the post by,,,Compher...maybe...was possibly the pass of the night.   There's a noticeable difference in our depth this season..and we play with a bit more of an edge.  REALLY looking forward to that Ottawa game this Saturday.  We'll see how much running around Tkaczuk does with Kostin, Ras and Fischer out there

• Like 1