October 2023 Games

lordstanley

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Wings powerplay is lethal right now. Not only do they score often, but often quickly. Goals on back to back shots 10 minutes apart, 3-1 Wings lead late in 2nd despite being outshot 22-9. 

Lol...and Mickey was talking about the Wings impressive power play %. He called it a "short sample size"...all these new fangled stats has him confused...😅

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Lol...and Mickey was talking about the Wings impressive power play %. He called it a "short sample size"...all these new fangled stats has him confused...😅

Ha, he used to say “Corso” too, i remember that. 

Edited by lordstanley

4 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Not only do they kill it, they even draw a penalty with 9 seconds left in period, so will have a powerplay to start the 3rd.

3-1 after 2. Will have to have a better 3rd period than against Tampa. 

Getting outshot by so much isn't a good sign. 3-1 lead is great but we need some puck control and much better passing. Those giveaways...

56 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Nice win on the road in a building they were pantsed in last year.  Veleno is going to play his way up from the checking line permanently if he keeps this up

I don't think they constructed the 4th line this year to be only a checking line... They added offense all the way down to the bottom in order to roll 4 lines.

On that basis, I'm perfectly fine with Veleno on the 3rd or 4th line, especially with the pop so far that he's displayed this year. Whatever the situation dictates... And with the belief that Veleno will be centering a line that can both score and shut down a dangerous line on the opposing team, regardless whether he's centering the 3rd or the 4th.

At least that's what I'm thinking...

And I like that he has apparently made that step up this year...!