Week Eight: Las Vegas Raiders (3-4) @ Detroit Lions (5-2)

MichiganCardinal

Just now, number20 said:

Red zone offense tonight is dog water

Take into account that the line is mincemeat............but that would suggest, you know, fewer running plays up the middle.   Maybe if you are up by 2 or 3 scores you can then run the ball.     

And Jameson Williams needs to do somethin tonight.      This town's gonna turn on him pretty quick if he drops a couple more.    

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Badly designed plays...or execution?

Bad designs and calling the wrong plays. He doesn't have the personnel to run the ball tonight on the o-line. Additionally, these trying to be tricky endarounds and running up the middle just aren't working. The Raiders are identifying the plays quickly and blowing them up. Who am I to criticize though.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

6 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

We are all T&P tonight. They don't have the personnel up front to run the ball with no Ragnow or Jackson in the game. Also, Gibbs hasn't shown me anything all that special yet. I thought he'd come in and look like a pre-injury Jahvid Best and instead he looks pedestrian.

We really should have taken Jalen Carter.

Gonzalez at 12, Carter at 18

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Badly designed plays...or execution?

Bad design. Running between the tackles inside the 10 with a backup RB then throwing a toss to the RB on 2nd down from the 10, being stupidly cute on a 2nd and 1 when you just hit two big plays up the middle with conventional throws. There are others too but these are the ones that immediately come to mind.