Week Eight: Las Vegas Raiders (3-4) @ Detroit Lions (5-2)

MichiganCardinal

LIONSLOGOGDT.png.f67c332756dcd5d6f7f8993cc70e57a0.png          vs.           raiderslogo.png.d4f185abfd1f7447d75e4227675f63e8.png

Setting: 10/30/2023 8:15pm on ABC and ESPN

Site: Ford Field in Detroit, MI

Weather: Climate Controlled

Opening Spread: Lions -7.5

All-Time Series Record: Raiders lead, 7-6

Last Meeting: 11/03/2019, Raiders won 31-24

Las Vegas Raiders (3-4)

Head Coach: Josh McDaniels (4th Season: 20-32)

Projected Starting QB: Jimmy Garoppolo (10th Season: 43-19)

Last Week: 30-12 L @ Chicago Bears (2-5)

Looking Ahead to Week #9: Sunday v. New York Giants (2-5)

raidersgdt.thumb.jpeg.b540b1b928d912f74f5e765fbbbd377b.jpeg

Your Detroit Lions (5-2)

Head Coach: Dan Campbell (3rd Season: 17-23-1)

Projected Starting QB: Jared Goff (8th Season: 59-47-1)

Last Week: 38-6 L @ Baltimore Ravens (5-2)

Looking Ahead to Week #9: BYE

raidersgdt2.jpeg.795a9f91f213678d7116029b514c82e1.jpeg

Elsewhere in the NFL

Primetime: Buccaneers @ Bills (TNF), Bears @ Chargers (SNF)

1:00pm: Texans @ Panthers, Vikings @ Packers, Rams @ Cowboys, Saints @ Colts, Patriots @ Dolphins, Jets @ Giants, Jaguars @ Steelers, Falcons @ Titans, Eagles @ Commanders

4:05/4:25pm: Browns @ Seahawks, Ravens @ Cardinals, Chiefs @ Broncos, Bengals @ 49ers

MNFlogo.png.7e61147e01a020da8903647edf50349c.png

There was a report before their game against the Bears that Jimmy G would be back against the Lions, but McDaniels today said publicly that Garoppolo's status for Monday is "unclear".

I don't think it matters all that much, neither Garoppolo, nor Hoyer, nor Aidan O'Connell are exactly world beaters. Though Hoyer hasn't won a game since week four of 2016 and has still managed to make nearly $24 million over the course of six contracts since that win, so I kind of respect that. And yes, that 2016 win was over the Lions, because of course it was.

Edited by MichiganCardinal
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

This is kinda what I worried about with the Seahawks... they got embarrassed against the Rams and I'm sure everyone on the team was NOT happy about that and eager to prove that it was a fluke.

The Lions are gonna be that team on Monday night.

Had the Raiders beat the Bears, I would be even more confident in an incoming ass kicking. The Raiders also got embarrassed though, by a much worse team than the Ravens, and (should be) very motivated as well.

That said, I also think the Lions offense, defense, special teams, and coaching are all better than the Raiders all things considered.

Hey, I know there's a lot of vitriol for Marvin Jones Jr. with some around here.    When they signed him, it was probably made clear that he was a band-aid until Jaymo got back from the suspension.   That was probably part of the deal.  That way they can have a competent player that wouldn't cost too much.      They were 5-1 in games he dressed for, so guess what?  He didn't hurt them at all.    Wish nothing but the best for that guy.   At a time where everyone seemed to be dumping on Detroit, he showed us respect.      Time is undefeated

For anyone worried about this one,  please understand.............we're going up against one of the worst Head Coaches maybe ever.  He's in the bottom 20 for sure and he's about to go 1-4 in his next 5 games before the bye,  where he could be fired.    

Raiders should bring Rich Bisaccia back.   Should have retained him in the first place, but they wanted the big OH WOW signing.   Well,  congrats Mark Davis,  you won the Press Conference, and not much else. 

I don't remember the last time I was this confident coming into a game that the Lions would win. Everything from the last three years tells me this will be a convincing win. I was pretty confident last year against the Bears in Week 17, for similar reasons, but this Lions team is better than that team was, has done this before, and is playing an equally bad team.

Surely I won't look back on this post in regret on Tuesday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't remember the last time I was this confident coming into a game that the Lions would win. Everything from the last three years tells me this will be a convincing win. I was pretty confident last year against the Bears in Week 17, for similar reasons, but this Lions team is better than that team was, has done this before, and is playing an equally bad team.

Add to this that they got this butts whooped last week and are probably pretty upset about that.

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm with you. It's how I felt about the Atlanta game after they lost to Seattle, I knew they'd win that game and knew that they'd beat the Panthers by double digits when some folks were apprehensive that they'd have a letdown after Green Bay. I didn't have any feel for how it would go in Baltimore although I was leaning loss because they suck against mobile QBs but this Raiders game is pretty much a locked in win, I have the utmost confidence that they don't lose that game unless Goff goes down.

Looks like we're both all in, setting ourselves up for some serious Motownforums Mockery if they lose to the Raidaahs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I'm with you. It's how I felt about the Atlanta game after they lost to Seattle, I knew they'd win that game and knew that they'd beat the Panthers by double digits when some folks were apprehensive that they'd have a letdown after Green Bay. I didn't have any feel for how it would go in Baltimore although I was leaning loss because they suck against mobile QBs but this Raiders game is pretty much a locked in win, I have the utmost confidence that they don't lose that game unless Goff goes down.

Looks like we're both all in, setting ourselves up for some serious Motownforums Mockery if they lose to the Raidaahs.

Agreed. There is they should win this game, which I've felt against the Falcons and Panthers, and there is they will win this game. This is the first time this season I've felt the latter.