1/12/24 7:30PM Houston Rockets @ Detroit Pistons

i wont really care until they have another losing streak close to 28 games OR when they get close to breaking the sixers' record for worst single season record of all time.

it will be funny when they do it and no one gets fired.

49 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't know, I think the Pistons could use a player like Draymond to punch them in the face and knock some sense into them. 

If it means I get to watch Beef Stew break Draymond over his knee, then I'm in. Otherwise, no thanks.

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Sometimes the little things come back to bite in the end.  There is this inexcusable event.

Or the free throw discrepancy of 22 out of 25 vs 10 of 16.

Or the points off of turnovers, 20 to 6.

This game was definitely stealing a loss from the jaws of victory.

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

There were some less than credible reports that Detroit was interested.  

you read the pistons beat writers and theyre "definitely" looking to make a trade.  you read the national guys and they are barely mentioned at all for the murrays and siakems of the world.

the pistons cant trade a pick.  hard to make a deal here without a first round pick to deal.  in a way, maybe its good that troy hamstrung himself with the isaiah stewart deal?

if they do make a deal, i imagine it will be stewart to a contender for a late first rounder and maybe a young(ish) player the beat writers can hype as a diamond in the rough like they did with livers and morris.

38 minutes ago, buddha said:

you read the pistons beat writers and theyre "definitely" looking to make a trade.  you read the national guys and they are barely mentioned at all for the murrays and siakems of the world.

the pistons cant trade a pick.  hard to make a deal here without a first round pick to deal.  in a way, maybe its good that troy hamstrung himself with the isaiah stewart deal?

if they do make a deal, i imagine it will be stewart to a contender for a late first rounder and maybe a young(ish) player the beat writers can hype as a diamond in the rough like they did with livers and morris.

Pistons are pretty much in a straight-jacket. They have no assets to trade. They can try to take on some bad contracts but that won't get them that far. There really isn't much they can do besides do their damnedest to turn Ivey and Duren into better players and keep pushing Cade to work on his 3pt shooting. Other than that it's wait through at least 2 more drafts to get a couple of real NBA players - and that only happens if they dump Weaver.