1/28/24 2PM EST Oklahoma City Thunder @ Detroit Pistons

I am thinking trade for Lavine next week and then a massive overpay this summer for Klay in free agency.  They don't play 100 games combined next year and never win a playoff game as a Piston.  Then Gores pockets $750m from expansion.

Sounds about right.  

Pistons have 47 from the bench tonight.  You win a lot of games when your bench scores that much.  Second game in a row they played well.

Little help from the schedule gods today.  OKC is at the end of a road trip and had 11 road games in January.   Their announcers said they were on the road 22 nights this month.  Oh well, we need all the help we can get.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:02 AM, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - Pistons are 3/9 with Cade on the bench (.333) vs 3/37 with him playing (.081). That's what $13M  coaching can get you.

Terrible coaching indeed.

Also during this stretch they stopped playing Livers and Wiseman while adding a backup Center who's got a pulse.  Killian's minutes have also been going down. If you stop playing guys who don't belong in the NBA it improves your chances.

5 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Terrible coaching indeed.

Also during this stretch they stopped playing Livers and Wiseman while adding a backup Center who's got a pulse.  Killian's minutes have also been going down. If you stop playing guys who don't belong in the NBA it improves your chances.

I think I remember this correctly.  Hayes started the game (yes).  Morris came in when Hayes sat in the 1st (yes).  Sasser came in when Morris went to the bench in the 2nd and that's when Detroit erased the deficit and pulled ahead for good (I think).  Maybe its something, maybe its nothing.  But play Sasser over Hayes just the same.

• Thanks 1

I've been arguing this.

Even if Sasser is a glorified SG in a PG's body...

Isn't that what we need anyways, with Cade starting?

Even if it's Ivey/ Sasser... it's still the same thing. He's a secondary ball-handler, not a primary. He's a deep threat, which spreads the floor. The biggest issue is can he play enough defense against the opposing PG? But that also puts Ivey or Cade on the SG for defense... which I think helps either/ both... at least a little.

I don't care if he struggles... this is a season for experimentation and learning curves. Start Sasser-Cade (when he's healthy/ on-the-court), bring in Ivey as the second team PG so he can dominate the other team... Give Ivey 30 minutes or so at PG so he'll still have time with Cade... but have at least one of Ivey/ Cade on the floor at all times. When Cade goes to the bench for a breather than Burks comes in so there is offense on the floor at all times (Sasser-Cade, Ivey-Cade, Ivey-Burks).

Just my 2 cents.