February 2024 game thread

33 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I really think the Wings have a shot at finishing ahead of the Leafs.that’s not just my considerable bias talking  The Wings probably have had a better season to date. 

i think the talent will win out in the end.  

i think the flyers drop.  the pens probably catch them.  i hope the devils stay hurt.  my realistic hope for the wings is the 2nd wild card.

i just think the leafs have too much talent up front.  lightning too.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Game day! Finally. 10am Vancouver time, with the Wings hosting the Canucks.

Hronek has been doing his best to make the Wings regret that trade. Then again, he's probably benefiting big time form playing next to Hughes. I had thought his play was turning up before they moved him but I guess the Wings didn't believe it was real? C'est la vie.

5 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I think it's time for DeBrincat to start scoring. 18g-25a-43 pts in 50 games, but front-loaded.

Will he be with Kane today? Report the other day had the practice line this week as Kane with Compher and Perron.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

.... I had thought his play was turning up before they moved him but I guess the Wings didn't believe it was real? ...

I'm guessing they thought his uptick was real.

But that they were selling high (a 1st and a 2nd for Hronek?)...

AND...

They were avoiding a costly 2023+ contract.

They selected Pellikka and Brady Cleveland with those picks, a couple defenseman...

I say it was a good trade. Despite how Hronek is currently playing...

1-0 after 1, chances at both ends.  Hronek and Suter got a welcome back thing apparently.

Looked like the forwards were:

DeBrincat - Larkin - Raymond

Perron - Compher - Kane

Rasmussen - Copp - Fischer

Fabbri - Veleno - Sprong

For a little bit I wondered if ADB was hurt but I think it was just a weird combo of penalty kill and long shifts

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

AND...

They selected Pellikka and Brady Cleveland with those picks, a couple defenseman...

Ya I think it was a win for both sides.  Hronek is getting more time in Vancouver with better players and playing well.  Wings don't have to give him a big contract and got ASP for the future.  Hronek is shouldering the load a lot more than I thought he would I will say.  I agreed with not handing him a big contract with Seider needing one soon too, maybe some other young guys in the future too.

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hronek has been doing his best to make the Wings regret that trade. Then again, he's probably benefiting big time form playing next to Hughes. I had thought his play was turning up before they moved him but I guess the Wings didn't believe it was real? C'est la vie.

Hronek assisted on the tying goal moments ago. Had been scoreless in past 9 games going into today. 

12 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

AND...

And the Wings basically replaced his offensive production with Gostisbehere, who has 32 points in 49 games. Hronek had 36 in 51 before today. 

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

And the Wings basically replaced his offensive production with Gostisbehere, who has 32 points in 49 games. Hronek had 36 in 51 before today. 

The difference being defense obviously.

Hronek with the +32

and Gost with a -20

10 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

and Gost almost had the turnover of the month in the 1st but Vancouver couldn't finish.