February 2024 game thread

atlantic article has trade value for hanifan as a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd/ equivalent prospect.

tanev value as a 2nd and a prospect unless they can weasel a 1st out of the leafs.

i dont think the wings should do either of those deals.

19 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

9A9A480A-A8C8-46A1-8AF4-43F084EEF247.jpeg

sergachev going out for tampa really really really hurts them.  they dont have that flexibility that they used to.

btw, how great a play from raymond was that in ot?  he's got lindholm (i think) draped all over him, lindholm checks him into the boards, but raymond holds him off, takes the check and keeps possession, wriggles away, and then finds walman streaking in behind a sleeping quinn hughes.  tocchet was about to pull whatever hair is left in his head out after that.

last year's raymond falls down or is pinned against the boards.  this year's raymond is strong enough to work through it, and skilled enough to make a great pass out of it.

considering raymond was leveled in the first on a dirty hit by zadorov and had enough to come back and play makes it even better.  he's getting stronger and better.

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

That was fun. It seemed like were off for a month!!

another thing that is fun is that now we are starting to have stretches where the Wings are the team that brings the extra gear and runs the other team ragged, instead of it always being the other team doing it to a Wings team that couldn't respond.

3 hours ago, buddha said:

given how physical and chippy this game was, the return match in vancouver could be pretty interesting.

It was a funny contrast because for as many hard hits and scrums out on the ice, I thought both teams were unusually disciplined about leaving out the typical amount of pointless pushing and shoving you get after every goalie save in a crowd.

5 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

Since when did they start dishing out suspensions same day?  Also, his first game back will be next Thursday...........against the Red Wings.

will be a good time to send christian fisher out to elbow him in the head.

Speaking of suspensions, Morgan Reilly should absolutely get the 6 games Perron got. The crosscheck was just as bad, and reacting to a hot dog play is worse than reacting to a hit that injured the captain. I bet Reilly will onk6 get 2 or 3 though  

4 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

Since when did they start dishing out suspensions same day?  Also, his first game back will be next Thursday...........against the Red Wings.

They've always declined to suspend players on the same day as the incident occurred. Just ask Evgeni Malkin and Colin Campbell. 

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

On 2/10/2024 at 10:49 PM, lordstanley said:

Speaking of suspensions, Morgan Reilly should absolutely get the 6 games Perron got. The crosscheck was just as bad, and reacting to a hot dog play is worse than reacting to a hit that injured the captain. I bet Reilly will onk6 get 2 or 3 though  

Hockey players / athletes get upset at the weirdest stuff I swear