NBA Info - March 2024

24 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Shams was on some podca and said Houston offered Jalen Green and multiple first round picks for Mikal Bridges. Brooklyn turned them down.

Well, I guess we're not getting him for Ivey and multiple firsts then. Our first this year will be better, but Green is better than Ivey. I doubt expiring contracts are enough to sweeten the deal more.

Then again, the Nets may be in a very different head space at the end of the season after they miss the play-in.

Adding Duren could swing the deal either way, since they might lose Claxton to a much bigger contract this offseason and Duren is 4 years younger. However, there's no way this front office moves Duren.

Houston is on a 10 game winning streak and currently sit 1 game out of the play in game.  Would be funny if they run it out to about 15 in a row.  A longer win streak than total Pistons wins on the season.

Jalen Green is also having arguably his best month.  28 ppg 6 rebounds and 3 assists per game.  42% from three 63 TS%.  

52 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

This is actually a problem for the NBA product, imo. There's only one way to play and since defense has also been regulated against, the game is very one dimensional now. Maybe it's bringing them more casual fans and that's working for them so they don't care, but it's kind of made things a bit boring once you get past the superficial layer of hype.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

This is actually a problem for the NBA product, imo. There's only one way to play and since defense has also been regulated against, the game is very one dimensional now. Maybe it's bringing them more casual fans and that's working for them so they don't care, but it's kind of made things a bit boring once you get past the superficial layer of hype.

Yep.  I don't want to do anything radical like ban the 3PT shot.  But they need to do something that brings all shot types back to being valid.  No clue how you do that though.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Yep.  I don't want to do anything radical like ban the 3PT shot.  But they need to do something that brings all shot types back to being valid.  No clue how you do that though.  

For offensive diversity, you have to reduce the efficiency of the three versus the two so they can be on equal footing again. Maybe dropping the corner three where it goes from 24' to 22' would accomplish that. That's the easiest three and the one that makes the spacing era work so well because you can plant guys in both corners making defensive recovery more difficult and creating a lot of open, efficient threes. Without that, it's easier to defend the three so it'll be a tougher shot. Still worth it for many good shooters but not for every dude who can just stand there and make open shots.

As for defense, I've been saying this for a while now. First, allow the defensive player the right to his position on the court. No more crashing into a defender or throwing your arms into his to get a call. Second, stop allowing guys to move on every single screen (go watch Brook Lopez) so the defense can actually guard. Third, officiate like you do in the playoffs all the time.

Edited by Betrayer

On 3/28/2024 at 12:09 PM, Deleterious said:

Introduce a 2.5 pt line in the mid range area? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Introduce a 2.5 pt line in the mid range area? 

Another idea I was thinking of that isn't as drastic is setting a quarterly limit on how many 3s you can miss, not a hard limit but say after 10 or so misses every miss after counts as a loose ball team foul or something? So if you're making them you're rewarded by being able to keep firing but if you're not it prevents teams from just chucking them every possession.

reduce the size of the lane so big man can camp out more on offense, or get rid of the three seconds rule.

make an offensive three seconds call for any player standing in the corner.

move the three point line back even more, or get rid of it altogether.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

reduce the size of the lane so big man can camp out more on offense, or get rid of the three seconds rule.

make an offensive three seconds call for any player standing in the corner.

move the three point line back even more, or get rid of it altogether.

I like this idea alot. 

On 3/28/2024 at 1:50 PM, Betrayer said:

Maybe dropping the corner three where it goes from 24' to 22' would accomplish that.

I like this idea  Do away with the corner three it will probably encourage one or two shooters on a team to stay up court on offense while depopulating the baseline. That might open more room inside the arc for creative midrange play.

• Like 1