4/2/24 7:10PM EDT Tigers @ Mets

56 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Tonight. Weather looks like it may be playable for a little while. 

yup - maybe a delay in the middle as another piece of the front clears, but it looks there could be a couple of openings to get it in. What would help in a situation like this would be permission to move up the start time. If they went as soon as it clears that's a better bet than waiting till 7 something.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

yup - maybe a delay in the middle as another piece of the front clears, but it looks there could be a couple of openings to get it in. What would help in a situation like this would be permission to move up the start time. If they went as soon as it clears that's a better bet than waiting till 7 something.

looks like they havent even touched the tarp on the field so its at least a half hour when they take it off

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

Although I agree for the most part, tbf to Javy, he's come up clutch and been a key part in two of the four wins so far 🤷‍♂️

True. Stolen base and winning run scored in that 1-0 win. And then putting the ball in play to score a runner from 3rd with less than 2 out in extras yesterday.

Rain delay thought. Jason Benetti has been fantastic. He is very well spoken and funny as hell. He has referenced Tropic Thunder, Step Brothers and DMX. He tries and I stress tries to get C-Moe to relax and stop screeching. 10+ War over Shep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Rain delay thought. Jason Benetti has been fantastic. He is very well spoken and funny as hell. He has referenced Tropic Thunder, Step Brothers and DMX. He tries and I stress tries to get C-Moe to relax and stop screeching. 10+ War over Shep.

Agree. A true professional. But I had to turn the speakers off because of Craig. He needs to be replaced. Another point, those Buffalo Wild Wing commercials were pretty funny the first 10 times or so.

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

He'll get opening day in Detroit if we can't play tonite or tomorrow.

I’d bet he’s ready to go now.

Well, do we know Hinch is just pushing the rotation back in order?  This would push everyone else back a few days.  It might be more ideal to skip Mize for now (have him pitch a short simulated bullpen) and try to keep the other SP on a more regular schedule.

Edited by casimir
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

I’d bet he’s ready to go now.

Well, do we know Hinch is just pushing the rotation back in order?  This would push everyone else back a few days.  It might be more ideal to skip Mize for now (have him pitch a short simulated bullpen) and try to keep the other SP on a more regular schedule.

I've been trying to figure out how to get Skubal the opening day start againt the lowly A's. This would work!

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Looking at the Skilling app, they may have a two-hour window to get most if not all of the game in, but it’s probably not until after 10pm local. 

The radar looks funny. The cloud motion makes it look like the front should be moving east, but the line of rain just keeps re-forming in place.

17 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Looking at the Skilling app, they may have a two-hour window to get most if not all of the game in, but it’s probably not until after 10pm local. 

They may have 2 hours but they'll spend an hour getting the field ready. And how's the drainage at Shea? They prolly won't play.

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

They may have 2 hours but they'll spend an hour getting the field ready. And how's the drainage at Shea? They prolly won't play.

if they get in 5 and somebody has managed to score (as opposed to yesterday)  it could be official.

30 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I would think the drainage is first rate, since the stadium was built in 2009.

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

if they get in 5 and somebody has managed to score (as opposed to yesterday)  it could be official.

I think they would regard that as preferable to playing two on Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, the Mets and Tigers are both off Thursday and NY only travels to Cincinnati and the Tigers come home. But it'll put an early season strain on both bullpens. Not ideal but I hope they play 2 on Thursday. 

If they play a DH I wonder if the timing comes up right for Manning to take the start?

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

twenty to nine - edge of rain is almost downtown. How much longer will they wait.

If tomorrow is seen as a write-off, I could see them going ahead with this one and rescheduling tomorrow for Thursday