4/4 DH Game 1 12:10PM EDT Game 2 TBD Tigers @ Mets

A cloudy 45° for both games. New York has had almost 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Since I’ve lived in arid desert regions for the last 50+ years that’s 15% to 20% of all the precipitation I’m used to seeing in a whole year. Wow. 

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

A cloudy 45° for both games. New York has had almost 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Since I’ve lived in arid desert regions for the last 50+ years that’s 15% to 20% of all the precipitation I’m used to seeing in a whole year. Wow. 

Bert, you need to move back to Auburn, IN

15 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Bert, you need to move back to Auburn, IN

I don’t like the rain that much. When I was going to Purdue in 1970 our college newspaper, the Exponent, ran an article that Auburn had the lowest precipitation in the entire state, and my feeling was that it rained all the time in Auburn. What I like about where I live in Boise Idaho is that the neighborhoods here remind me of where I grew up in Indiana, but there’s low humidity and there’s mountains on the horizon right outside of town. They give me a sense of dimension and possibility that I never felt living in the Midwest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I like about living in the west is that you feel like you’re driving in a convertible all the time. When I lived in the Midwest, the horizon was a hazy tree line nearby, and the clouds seem to be much lower in the sky for some reason. Out here the sky is so expansive it affects me internally. It’s like living in the Sound of Music. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

What I like about living in the west is that you feel like you’re driving in a convertible all the time. When I lived in the Midwest, the horizon was a hazy tree line nearby, and the clouds seem to be much lower in the sky for some reason. Out here the sky is so expansive it affects me internally. It’s like living in the Sound of Music. 

Yes, the hills are there are alive, aren’t they?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

The pitching gives me hope but man that lineup isn’t very scary.

It’s probably our best foot forward with this cast, if you believe that Kelly/McKinstry are more effective offensively than Rogers/Baez.

33 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

The pitching gives me hope but man that lineup isn’t very scary.

We have several hitter who can "run into one", as Leyland used to call home runs. The Tigers are playing with house money, we already have a winning road trip. Get greedy...win both!

I don't want to accent-shame anyone here, not even a guy who is objectively terrible at his high-visibility job. But every time I hear Craig Monroe say "extablish", I focus on how weird it is for someone to say "extablish", and I don't even hear what might well be a very well-thought-out idea being articulated after that unfortunate rendering of the word "establish".

• Thanks 1

Mize stuff looks great.  

I’m reminded that it has always looked good.   His issues in the past came from finding too much of the plate.  Only a very few guys are so elite they can miss in the middle of the zone and get away with it.  

The offense is going to pivot on the young hitters development. Right now, all of them are popping up or grounding out. So we just need to see a few get going.

As it stands now, Greene and Tork are unproven over the long term.

Edited by kdog
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't want to accent-shame anyone here, not even a guy who is objectively terrible at his high-visibility job. But every time I hear Craig Monroe say "extablish", I focus on how weird it is for someone to say "extablish", and I don't even hear what might well be a very well-thought-out idea being articulated after that unfortunate rendering of the word "establish".

14 minutes later,

That can't be a coincidence.

• Haha 1