2024 NBA Playoffs

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

They were just giving him layup after layup. It was mind boggling. Some of the worst defense I've seen in a while.

Terrible coaching from Kidd as well.

What has been the Dallas weakness the past couple of years?  Interior defense.  They fixed that this year by drafting Lively and trading for Gafford, both very good defenders and rim protectors.  So why were they on the bench and Maxi was in getting torched by Harden?  

• Like 1

That was a clinic on how to blow a game as a coach. I'm sure it's been touched on here but continuously letting Harden go 1 on 1 when he torched his defender time after time and, in addition, sitting the big guys in Gafford and Lively that got them back in the game in the first place and thus taking away any rim protection they had was coaching malpractice. Lue schooled Kidd yesterday, not that I'm surprised.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Indy's defense is bad at an epic level. Sounds great to outscore everyone in the regular season, but it just doesn't work that way in the playoffs where defense wins games (even the current level of defense allowed). Even bench units can beat you down if you just let them score whenever they want.

Love seeing a Carlisle team pickup full court on defense again. Also, if you’re curious about the .5 second offense we never ran, watch Indy. Pass, shoot, drive, or kick without hesitation, holding the ball, and over dribbling.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

How do the rest of them let that happen and not call him out on it?

Pat Bev is such a piece of garbage. Another bully, just like Draymond. 

Edited by Betrayer
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Just kick that bitch out of the league.

At some point there's just going to need to be barricades around the court.  That is not to place the blame solely on players nor solely on fans.  Heck, owners sometimes can't control themselves courtside.

Unrelated tangent: Anyone notice how much more the Bally's TV team was broadcasting from the stands rather than the floor this season?  

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Just kick that bitch out of the league.

Does he throw the ball at the wrong fan and then causally ask for it back like “oh my bad” only to chuck 10 times harder right back at who he wanted to hit?

Beverly and his entire Bucks team should be immediately banned from the rest of the playoffs.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Does he throw the ball at the wrong fan and then causally ask for it back like “oh my bad” only to chuck 10 times harder right back at who he wanted to hit?

Beverly and his entire Bucks team should be immediately banned from the rest of the playoffs.   

There's at least two dozen players, coaches, trainers, team staff in that area.  What, one teammate kind of briefly pushes him back after the fact?

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Why do teams keep signing Beverly? What does he provide? I can't believe he's still in the league because he doesn't appear to be a good player. 

good defender.  agitator who gets under the other team's skin.

i hate him.  he's a cancer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

At some point apologies don't cut it. When it's the same person, acting the same way, over and over again apologies mean absolutely nothing and further actions are required.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

At some point apologies don't cut it. When it's the same person, acting the same way, over and over again apologies mean absolutely nothing and further actions are required.

hard to imagine what Silver is thinking - how do you not suspend a guy for throwing a ball at the fans? Shouldn't even be a discussion.

10 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

agreed, but seeing how the league ignores draymond do you really think they'll do anything with patbev?  maybe suspend him for a game.  since he did it to a female reporter maybe they'll make it three games?

4 hours ago, buddha said:

agreed, but seeing how the league ignores draymond do you really think they'll do anything with patbev?  maybe suspend him for a game.  since he did it to a female reporter maybe they'll make it three games?

I don't know, when you start assaulting fans - twice in one incident - that's a major line you've crossed. Very different from choking out a fellow employee (although I think Draymond should've been suspended for the entire season for that). I have to imagine that the league still has PTSD from the Malice at the Palace. If I'm Silver I set an example an suspend him for the entire next season.

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That sort of makes it worse. 

“Cancun on 3” is pretty harmless.  I think given the lack of response from the Buck bench, they hold also have some sort of punishment, but I’m not sure what they can do.  Monsignor Popovich and Father Kerr will no doubt be dismayed about how players are held to such high regard as to not throw the basketball with malice at fans.  Twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

I don't know, when you start assaulting fans - twice in one incident - that's a major line you've crossed. Very different from choking out a fellow employee (although I think Draymond should've been suspended for the entire season for that). I have to imagine that the league still has PTSD from the Malice at the Palace. If I'm Silver I set an example an suspend him for the entire next season.

silver has been very weak with player discipline so far.  he's let them do whatever they want for the most part.

• Like 1