Detroit Rock City Lions @ Cleveland Rocks Browns in a Rock N Roll Showdown for the ages !

Motor City Sonics

If we want sustained success then this FO and coaching staff needs to find a way to succeed without the #1 overall pick.  It’s time to stop losing for draft position.  They’ve tried that for a long time and all they have become is losers.  That’s why I get so confused by fans desire to tank.  If we have the right FO then we will find talented players.

And just because the team is terrible right now doesn’t mean we should excuse poor decisions from the head coach.  I don’t even care that he makes mistakes if he learns from it, but we should be upset if he keeps making the same mistakes.  We should also question the judgement of a guy who has never called plays taking over play calling.  It’s a symptom of a possible larger issue.

Edited by sagnam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lynn was actually the one hire between all the coaches and management I was least excited about so I'm not surprised he may be the first to go. 

Just based on his history as a head coach (who may just as easily have been retained by his previous team as let go) it seemed clear that he was hoping to be with Detroit for a bounce back season, then to move back to a head coaching role. In the meantime, it seemed clear that Campbell prized his head coaching experience and his ability to mentor some of the young coaching prospects the team had attracted. Alas, it doesn't seem to be working out the way anyone expected.

35 minutes ago, sagnam said:

If we want sustained success then this FO and coaching staff needs to find a way to succeed without the #1 overall pick.  It’s time to stop losing for draft position.  They’ve tried that for a long time and all they have become is losers.  That’s why I get so confused by fans desire to tank.  If we have the right FO then we will find talented players.

And just because the team is terrible right now doesn’t mean we should excuse poor decisions from the head coach.  I don’t even care that he makes mistakes if he learns from it, but we should be upset if he keeps making the same mistakes.  We should also question the judgement of a guy who has never called plays taking over play calling.  It’s a symptom of a possible larger issue.

Yes, yes, agreed 100%.

It doesn't bother me that they might whiff on a coaching and/or coordinator selection, happens all of the time in the NFL....the key is to know when to hold em and when to fold em.  The Lions have held onto failing/flailing management personnel, that's what they do.  I for one would have no issues with them firing Lynn if he's the cause of failure, and frankly, I think this organization needs a sense of urgency....if not for wins and the playoffs soon, at least that they are not going to tolerate failure.  That doesn't mean that I want Lynn fired now or even at the end of the season...but if there are doubts about his play-calling ability in year 2 and 3 and he's still hanging around like Don Brown, then that would suck.