Detroit Rock City Lions @ Cleveland Rocks Browns in a Rock N Roll Showdown for the ages !

Motor City Sonics

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Semi-serious question: Is it fair to expect a FO and coaching staff to be able to build a team that can win at least 1 game even if they had had to build the entire roster off the waiver wire in August?

they lost two fluke games they should have won.  they'll get one before the end of the year.

and remember, not only is the roster complete garbage thanks to four years of bob quinn, its also missing a lot of its best players due to injury 

11 minutes ago, buddha said:

lol.  this team has no talent and were blaming the coaches.

No, I really blame ownership more than anything, and the front office that they hired, secondarily.   But I also blame the coaches, because they also seem to suck.

It's a huge team effort to suck this badly.   I will give them that much credit.

Just now, sabretooth said:

No, I really blame ownership more than anything, and the front office that they hired, secondarily.   But I also blame the coaches, because they also seem to suck.

It's a huge team effort to suck this badly.   I will give them that much credit.

I don’t have an issue with Holmes.  

ownership just changed so we'll see how it works in the long run.  doubtful, but we'll see.

i like their draft.  theyre hamstrung by the lack of talent left from the last regime.  

i will grant you that sheila leaving quinn and patricia in place and not firing them immediately when she took over doesnt bode well.

I'm not laying this all at any individual's feet, but I'm not going to assume that anyone is doing a good job at anything until I start to see some damn results out of this team

Well the only one who can be judged this year is Campbell.   In game adjustments and such.  Holmes looks to have had a good draft class.   Can’t do much more than that at this point. 

Just now, buddha said:

ownership just changed so we'll see how it works in the long run.  doubtful, but we'll see.

i like their draft.  theyre hamstrung by the lack of talent left from the last regime.  

i will grant you that sheila leaving quinn and patricia in place and not firing them immediately when she took over doesnt bode well.

This is an extremely reasonable post and I can't disagree with any of it... But for crying out loud after 60 years I just have to wait until this team starts showing me something before I say how much I like the job this guy or that guy seems to be doing or how much I trust Holmes based on his strong Rams record of player eval and such.

This is an extremely reasonable post and I can't disagree with any of it... But for crying out loud after 60 years I just have to wait until this team starts showing me something before I say how much I like the job this guy or that guy seems to be doing or how much I trust Holmes based on his strong Rams record of player eval and such.

we all feel your pain.

and next year isnt going to be any better.  😞

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Well the only one who can be judged this year is Campbell.   In game adjustments and such.  Holmes looks to have had a good draft class.   Can’t do much more than that at this point. 

Despite the unsexiness of it, Sewall seems to be working out pretty well....at least until he loses his arm is is arm in a freak tiddleywinks accident, or gets run over by a big wheel and killed in his front yard, or something particularly gruesome and lionesque in nature