4/22/24 6:50PM Tigers @ Rays

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

I appreciate AJ trying to keep Tork in the top 4 in the lineup, but it just aint happenin', esepcially as cleanup...yikes.

Dan and Bobby Scales mentioned it in the previous AB, but he let a couple of really nice looking pitches go by, only to strike out.

Same thing this last AB.... one good looking fastball early in the count, ends up popping out on the fastball in on his hands

Just now, mtutiger said:

Dan and Bobby Scales mentioned it in the previous AB, but he let a couple of really nice looking pitches go by, only to strike out.

Same thing this last AB.... one good looking fastball early in the count, ends up popping out on the fastball in on his hands

He's hunting the perfect pitch to get his 1st HR - it's inside his head now. But tonight not withstanding, he's holding his own.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

He's hunting the perfect pitch to get his 1st HR - it's inside his head now. But tonight not withstanding, he's holding his own.

No doubt.... there may be a whole-team approach about working counts / not swinging early (Cody talked about on his pod today), but man it's frustrating to see him let center-cut 93 mph fastballs go on by.

discussion about making a pitchers face batters from both sides to keep them from getting too comfortable is interesting. But I would think it had to depend at least a little on the pitcher's repertoire. I wouldn't think it would matter much to a guy like Skubal who is going to throw FBs and changes to the batters on either boxe, as compared to a guy that has to switch from throwing sliders to throwing changes when the batter is on the other side.

15 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

They showed Max Clark at the game on his day off. I didn't see his shoes but he has a very shiny watch.

Hard to miss wasn't it? FWIW, I stopped wearing one 30 yrs ago after an wrist injury and never put it back on. A phone in my pocket puts the time close enough not to bother carrying around a lump on my wrist.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hard to miss wasn't it? FWIW, I stopped wearing one 30 yrs ago after an wrist injury and never put it back on. A phone in my pocket puts the time close enough not bother carrying around a lump on my wrist.

I've always hated watches and jewelry. I never wear them, not even wedding rings, but I always have my phone.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

wentz hits him dead center on his arm armor.

And the Rays radio guy says he hoped it wasn’t intentional!!! Can you believe that comment! Two outs in the bottom of the 9th! 🙄