4/22/24 6:50PM Tigers @ Rays

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

And the Rays radio guy says he hoped it wasn’t intentional!!! Can you believe that comment! Two outs in the bottom of the 9th! 🙄

Because Rogers got hit in the elbow the inning before. I don't think either was intentional.

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

And the Rays radio guy says he hoped it wasn’t intentional!!! Can you believe that comment! Two outs in the bottom of the 9th! 🙄

It did come after the Rays hit his catcher so the suspicion is understandable. Wentz's reaction looked exculpatory, but you never know.....

32 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hard to miss wasn't it? FWIW, I stopped wearing one 30 yrs ago after an wrist injury and never put it back on. A phone in my pocket puts the time close enough not to bother carrying around a lump on my wrist.

I have a Fitbit that I really like. I never ever wore a watch or jewelery until I received it.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hard to miss wasn't it? FWIW, I stopped wearing one 30 yrs ago after an wrist injury and never put it back on. A phone in my pocket puts the time close enough not to bother carrying around a lump on my wrist.

I did the same, and stopped fraying the left wrist on all my sweaters

I quit wearing a watch until I took up running and got a Garmin for that.  I don’t look at it for time. I look at it to see how many steps I have or if I get a notification on my phone that goes to my watch. It’s much more valuable for that.  In a meeting or at dinner or whatever and your phone buzzes… just glance to see who it is. Much less obtrusive 

I wear my watch on the inside of my wrist because in an active situation, it reduces my exposure in a war zone. Time is critical when I plan operations. If my watch face is on the outside of my wrist, I have to lift my arm and turn it to see the time. This effectively doubles the width of my body, increasing my exposure. Either that or I’m just a poser.  
IMG_3685.thumb.jpeg.1cd325c1da88df3a149aa29f84a3fab8.jpeg

• Like 1

Fun game.  I really like the pitching & defense of this team and the baserunning when they can take advantage of situations.  Baez creating havoc, probably his best all around game this season.  But even Rogers following Baez' around the pillows and sneaking into 3B when the Rays were throwing the baseball all over the place?  Come on, that was beautiful.