4/22/24 6:50PM Tigers @ Rays

• oblong changed the title to 4/22/24 6:50PM Tigers @ Rays
54 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It’s still (sort of) early but this is a good series to see where the team is after a month of play. Two out of three in St. Pete would be trophy worthy right now. 

I just saw Wednesday's match up. We face Tyler Alexander. Against Flaherty.

6 hours ago, 1776 said:

Maeda on Tuesday could get ugly if he hasn’t figured some things out. He’s going against Ryan Pepiot, the Rays return for Glasgow. 

We have Manning waiting in the wings. The big question is how long does Hinch and Harris give Maeda? He signed for 2 years? I think we'll see him for most of the summer, they're paying him and Hinch will be forced to use him. Even if he is ineffective. 

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The big question is how long does Hinch and Harris give Maeda? He signed for 2 years? I think we'll see him for most of the summer, they're paying him and Hinch will be forced to use him. Even if he is ineffective. 

I suppose if he can't get himself lined out you start with the phantom injury charade we went through with Dontrelle Willis. Send him to the DL 10 days with arm strain, have him throw some bullpens to work on whatever, send him to Toledo for 3-4 "rehab"  starts and hope he has it right, if not rinse, repeat with a couple of big league losses tossed in on each iteration.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I suppose if he can't get himself lined out you start with the phantom injury charade we went through with Dontrelle Willis. Send him to the DL 10 days with arm strain, have him throw some bullpens to work on whatever, send him to Toledo for 3-4 "rehab"  starts and hope he has it right, if not rinse, repeat with a couple of big league losses tossed in on each iteration.

Or treat him like Jordan Zimmermann and just keep sending him out there every 5th day, no matter the results. Those were some forgettable Tiger games...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Billy Eppeler's suspension was a shot across the bow to keep teams from the phantom IL move.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Billy Eppeler's suspension was a shot across the bow to keep teams from the phantom IL move.

sure - it depends on whether Maeda would rather not embarrass himself in front of Major league audiences. Here's hoping he has a good outing and makes such speculation academic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

sure - it depends on whether Maeda would rather not embarrass himself in front of Major league audiences. Here's hoping he has a good outing and makes such speculation academic.

Not sure I’d want to get near any murky waters in that instance.  I’d guess the appropriate medical assessment would be subject to both sides signing off and reviewed by MLB, but I would think Eppeler would have had those taken care of as well?  Maybe he was too lax there and that opened up the door to investigate.

Just now, casimir said:

Not sure I’d want to get near any murky waters in that instance.  I’d guess the appropriate medical assessment would be subject to both sides signing off and reviewed by MLB, but I would think Eppeler would have had those taken care of as well?  Maybe he was too lax there and that opened up the door to investigate.

Hopefully, the Tigers won't have to worry about any of this. Maeda will get untracked and give us 6+ innings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

Why is Monroe yelling about Skubal? The game hasn't even started yet. I turned the volume down.

With the Bally app, the game is about 2 pitches behind the radio for me. So listening to Dan doesn't work, I'm stuck with Craig. He needs to be controlled, he wasn't bad at all in the games Dan was in the TV booth.

27 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Why is Monroe yelling about Skubal? The game hasn't even started yet. I turned the volume down.

When Monroe is in the booth with Dan I listen to the opposing team’s radio guys.