Jump to content

When Gio comes back.............


Recommended Posts

Who goes? 

 

Can't be Perez right now.   I mean, maybe he doesn't last, but as long as he's solid he stays

So who goes down?   

I think McKinstry (being a lefty bat) and Ibanez (making his playing time count) deserve to stay.

Do they actually send Tork down?   Keith?    

 

Tigers are in a situation right now where they really want to get reps for Tork, Keith and Meadows, but Vierling and Perez are throwing off their plans because they deserve to play every day,  at least right now. 

PET PEEVE-  When I google Toledo Mud Hens, the first seven sites that that come up are ticket sellers.   I want the Mud Hens site first.  I shouldn't have to scroll for it. 

Have you noticed Akil Baddoo has a .396 OBP and .944 OPS at Toledo?       Malloy is heating up too.    Tigers need guys that can get on base.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

PET PEEVE-  When I google Toledo Mud Hens, the first seven sites that that come up are ticket sellers.   I want the Mud Hens site first.  I shouldn't have to scroll for it.

bookmarks are your friend

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When his Urshela due back?  I assume he'll rehab in Toledo before returning to Detroit.  My guess is a decision about whom to demote hasn't been made yet although the choices are probably known.  What I am getting at is there is time for those someones to separate themselves from the others before the pen hits the transaction paper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

When his Urshela due back?  I assume he'll rehab in Toledo before returning to Detroit.  My guess is a decision about whom to demote hasn't been made yet although the choices are probably known.  What I am getting at is there is time for those someones to separate themselves from the others before the pen hits the transaction paper.

True - Perez could easily go 0 for his next 20. I just looked up that McKinstry is out of options but given that he's not exactly lighting it up either they not be at that much risk of losing him if they tried to get him back to the minors. I don't think Keith is going anywhere. Meadows is clearly a prime candidate - his K rate is too high and he's hitting a ton of pop-ups - (under/late on the FB?). OTOH -the D is real and the power is also real if he starts catching up just a little more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I already have a few hundred of them.     

I have only a couple of bookmarks that I actually use. If it's a site I use frequently, I either have it as an open tab all the time, or I rely on autocomplete to get me there.

Regarding the topic at-hand, it certainly seems like it would be Keith to go. They've still been sticking Tork and his Ks (or pop-up!) in the middle of the order, much to my frustration. Not that anyone outside of Greene, Vierling or Perez actually deserves to be there, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, oblong said:

google sucks now for searches.  It's basically useless.

 

I can't even try to use it half the time. I just get stuck in an endless loop of captcha bull****, at least from a browser. haven't tried on my phone. I mostly use DuckDuckGo, but it's kind of **** at times, too.

Edited by Crazy Cat Gentleman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

interesting. I haven't noticed much shift in google search results - maybe a windows vs linux thing? Does it help to turn off all the 'ad personalizations'? in Chrome? I also delete everything except cookies at the end of every session and periodically purge  all the caches (other than cookies) that google doesn't clear even after it tells you it has has from the Chrome browser 'settings' page. It really mind boggling how much stuff google stores and how many places they hide it to make it harder to stomp. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt this would happen, but what if the Tigers decided to send down Tork, Keith and Meadows all at once? From a PR/fan perspective spread the attention with the focus on it being a temporary thing to get these young players on track. And the corresponding move? Activate Urshela, and bring up Malloy and Baddoo or Kennedy.

OF is Greene/Vierling/Perez. DH is Carpenter/Malloy, Canha is 1B, Ibanez at 2B, Baez, Urshela at 3B.  McK is the main IF sub, plus Kennedy if they brought him back up. Carpenter/Baddoo as the main OF subs, with Malloy another limited option. I think Hinch would prefer the extra IF over Baddoo.

I don’t know whether that would work, and it could fail horribly I guess.

I think they’d score more runs, maybe lots more, and not lose that much on defense. Ideally at least two of the three demoted guys gets it together in a month and we can have options for any of the replacements that don’t cut it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

I doubt this would happen, but what if the Tigers decided to send down Tork, Keith and Meadows all at once? From a PR/fan perspective spread the attention with the focus on it being a temporary thing to get these young players on track. And the corresponding move? Activate Urshela, and bring up Malloy and Baddoo or Kennedy.

OF is Greene/Vierling/Perez. DH is Carpenter/Malloy, Canha is 1B, Ibanez at 2B, Baez, Urshela at 3B.  McK is the main IF sub, plus Kennedy if they brought him back up. Carpenter/Baddoo as the main OF subs, with Malloy another limited option. I think Hinch would prefer the extra IF over Baddoo.

I don’t know whether that would work, and it could fail horribly I guess.

I think they’d score more runs, maybe lots more, and not lose that much on defense. Ideally at least two of the three demoted guys gets it together in a month and we can have options for any of the replacements that don’t cut it.

I know they want to believe in the 3 young guys, but maybe going to Toledo and just getting some positive results can turn them around.       Don't concede, man.   We haven't had a team that was still in it by late May in half a decade.   I know this year is about evaluation, but they want to set a culture of winning too, right?    If you put forth that losing is okay for evaluation purposes you are kind of saying losing is okay, aren't you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way Perez is being featured, I think Meadows gets the axe unless he heats up. Unless Urshela can fill in at short, you still need McKinstry around. It doesn't help that Leonard and Kreidler got hurt in Toledo to give us some shortstop depth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

The way Perez is being featured, I think Meadows gets the axe unless he heats up. Unless Urshela can fill in at short, you still need McKinstry around. It doesn't help that Leonard and Kreidler got hurt in Toledo to give us some shortstop depth.

I agree. I love the defense Meadows gives us but how much better can we be offensively compared to the loss on defense? I would say we can cover CF and we end up plus on offense. Meadows has to hit and be our leadoff hitter. If he could produce at the top of the order, our lineup would/could score tons of runs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Meadows does have the lowest BABIP on the team, only .132, so there might be some bad luck involved. He has the highest strikeout percentage on the team too, 37% which is bad.

I'd like to take some comfort in that except that his infield fly ball rate is really high and those outs aren't bad luck - they're soft contact outs. Parker is hitting under everything - extremely high fly ball rate, low GB rate. Could be he is late, could be he needs a mechanical adjustment to raise his swing path.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I agree. I love the defense Meadows gives us but how much better can we be offensively compared to the loss on defense? I would say we can cover CF and we end up plus on offense. Meadows has to hit and be our leadoff hitter. If he could produce at the top of the order, our lineup would/could score tons of runs!

I don’t think he has to be a leadoff hitter.  I think he has to be a major league hitter.  If he can hit well enough to be a leadoff hitter, that’s just a bonus.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I don’t think he has to be a leadoff hitter.  I think he has to be a major league hitter.  If he can hit well enough to be a leadoff hitter, that’s just a bonus.

Didn't Hinch lead him off the 1st few games of the year? If he could manage to get on base, we could be an offensive force.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Edman85 said:

The way Perez is being featured, I think Meadows gets the axe unless he heats up. Unless Urshela can fill in at short, you still need McKinstry around. It doesn't help that Leonard and Kreidler got hurt in Toledo to give us some shortstop depth.

Isn't it time to just cut bait with Kreidler?     Dude is always hurt.  He's on the Anthony Rendon plan.  

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Didn't Hinch lead him off the 1st few games of the year? If he could manage to get on base, we could be an offensive force.

He batted leadoff 5 times last season.  All of those games were in the last week of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Isn't it time to just cut bait with Kreidler?     Dude is always hurt.  He's on the Anthony Rendon plan.  

I wouldn’t equate the two players, but that’s just me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, oblong said:

google sucks now for searches.  It's basically useless.

 

I've come to this realization in the last few years as well. Particularly in things like googling household problems. Companies have rigged the algorithm to steer traffic to their sites and gin up business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I've come to this realization in the last few years as well. Particularly in things like googling household problems. Companies have rigged the algorithm to steer traffic to their sites and gin up business.

Google takes money for putting places in front. I don't like it when the first few links are YouTube videos. Sometimes I just want to read something and not hear someone bugging you to "like" this video and "subscribe" to them. Long winded know it all's....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      254
    • Most Online
      186

    Newest Member
    M Ruge
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...