Furry Friends

When you rub Lucy's belly she starts to flail her legs around (in happiness) and she got me right in the eye this morning, the good eye (I'm functionally blind in my left eye).  This happened with another dog once, but it was worse - that put me out of commission for a few days (can't drive or read with my left eye).    Silly dog. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, LaceyLou said:

I lost both of my previous cats in the heart of the pandemic

ouch. sorry to hear that. I also lost two of my then-three in the summer of 2020, six weeks apart.

this is Grizzly, who had developed a habit of tapping me on the belly when she wanted pets while I was working. I miss her a ton.

and yes, Lacey's a beauty!

Edited by Crazy Cat Gentleman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

ouch. sorry to hear that. I also lost two of my then-three in the summer of 2020, six weeks apart.

this is Grizzly, who had developed a habit of tapping me on the belly when she wanted pets while I was working. I miss her a ton.

and yes, Lacey's a beauty!

Thanks. It was definitely a tough time. I'm sorry to hear you went through the same thing. Grizzly was adorable!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I adopted Lucy last August they said should might only be around 6 more months, depending on how aggressively the cancer returned.   I made the decision to adopt her because she is such a sweet dog that even if she was sick, she deserved a good life, a happy life.   I also decided that I wasn't going to spend a lot of money having it removed if it was only going to keep coming back.  

I am happy to report that Lucy is doing well as we approach our 7 month point.    She has her own room and her own human-sized bed.   She is a very very happy and energetic girl and she does not have a mean cell in her body.    

Don't know how long this will last, but I am glad I adopted her, even if it means pain later on.   She deserves every bit of happiness she gets.     I still get shaken for a moment when I think of Diego, but Lucy keeps me busy.    She's on Cat Watch in the backyard on this freakishly warm February day. 

image.thumb.jpeg.71bee8254b84ef4268c170addf588a6e.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

My cat, Sam, likes to hang off of the arm rest of chairs, and he always reminds me of a guy sitting st a bar, ordering a scotch rocks.  😁

3D9BF763-D908-4464-A577-24BBC417CC96.jpeg

One of our cats loves laying all stretched out wherever she happens to be. She also likes being cradled like a baby and is content to just be carried around like that so she can see everything we’re doing. 

First pic is from when she was about six weeks old. She’s now 4 or 5. 

BE654C27-CFBB-4A8C-B064-5487C16BC3E4.jpeg

DBE9B087-51C5-43C4-9608-63B8BFDCC575.jpeg

44FF5A7C-6632-4A4B-BC69-ED1435813B35.jpeg

918D25F8-3C27-47A6-B9DC-BA65807F4FF7.jpeg

E7AFCD01-1EE8-4F09-9C78-5D69FF7FF074.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

One of our cats loves laying all stretched out wherever she happens to be. She also likes being cradled like a baby and is content to just be carried around like that so she can see everything we’re doing. 

First pic is from when she was about six weeks old. She’s now 4 or 5. 

BE654C27-CFBB-4A8C-B064-5487C16BC3E4.jpeg

DBE9B087-51C5-43C4-9608-63B8BFDCC575.jpeg

44FF5A7C-6632-4A4B-BC69-ED1435813B35.jpeg

918D25F8-3C27-47A6-B9DC-BA65807F4FF7.jpeg

E7AFCD01-1EE8-4F09-9C78-5D69FF7FF074.jpeg

She is gorgeous! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My dog gave me a black eye     This picha was taken about an hour after the incident.    Sweet Lucy is tryin to blind me.   

I bent down to pick up some dirty clothes on the floor and the same time she went to jump on the bed and her coconut head walloped me in the eye.  I was wearing reader glasses..........they were in pieces all over the room (think Joey Bats getting hit by Odor) and it was the glasses that cut my eye brow.     My eyelid is now a combination of red, dark purple, yellow, kind of like a sunset).   Sweetest dog ever, but she's a handful.    

May be an image of 1 person

• Sad 1