Visual Amusement. (Keep it clean!)

RedRamage

On 6/20/2022 at 10:03 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

I am so stealing that.

Reminds me of one of my favorite music jokes:

What does a Deadhead say when they run out of pot? "Boy, this music sucks".

This could be my least favorite post on this site (Archie included).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

yeah way back in the day, I'm talking like early 2000s they had a wookipedia where they were cataloging all of the serious hippies that were on phish tour and wook #17 was by far the most popular.   I was on another mb that was all about taping shows and it was all the rage back then

• Like 1

I saw that clip, it really was great.  That dude is so great on the guitar, I love his playing but really can't handle Phish as a band.   If they had a complication record like zappa did where it's just  a medley of guitar solos I'd probably wear out the mp3

I have a couple of friends who are die hards... both are not solid professionals at nearly the highest levels.  But they travel like fan boys if they are close by. 

I have a couple of their popular songs on my rotation but can take it or leave it.  Blaze On is a big favorite, especially this time of year when it starts to get really nice.  Great driving song in my opinion.

I don't actually know that one by name, I'm going to check it out.   When I was in college I lived with a bunch of people that were really into them, the song that always stood out from all the rest to me was You Enjoy Myself.

Phish is the epitome of a jam band which means they can bust into a 32 minute song to open a set out of the blue. I get how many people don’t dig on that.   The core fanbase is odd and weirdly entitled and obnoxious. I definitely get how people don’t dig that.    They are absolutely an acquired taste but once you catch the bug, it’s hard to let go.   This band amazingly talented and Trey is one of the best guitar players alive.   The live experience is unlike any other and I am still amazed they play each show without an actual set list.  Trey calls them out they as they go.   August 3rd at Pine Knob is their first Detroit stop in 8 years.  It might be the last time here, who knows. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Phish is the epitome of a jam band which means they can bust into a 32 minute song to open a set out of the blue. I get how many people don’t dig on that.   The core fanbase is odd and weirdly entitled and obnoxious. I definitely get how people don’t dig that.    They are absolutely an acquired taste but once you catch the bug, it’s hard to let go.   This band amazingly talented and Trey is one of the best guitar players alive.   The live experience is unlike any other and I am still amazed they play each show without an actual set list.  Trey calls them out they as they go.   August 3rd at Pine Knob is their first Detroit stop in 8 years.  It might be the last time here, who knows. 

Their annual MSG Baker's Dozen run, where they don't repeat a song is amazing.  I always would listen to that on the JamOn channel on Sirius.  Definitely the kind of band I can put on and just chill and enjoy without having to know every intricacy or backstory....

I'm bummed because Tedeschi Trucks is coming next week on the same night as Dead and Co.  

On 6/22/2022 at 7:56 AM, pfife said:

I saw that clip, it really was great.  That dude is so great on the guitar, I love his playing but really can't handle Phish as a band.   If they had a complication record like zappa did where it's just  a medley of guitar solos I'd probably wear out the mp3

Shut up and play your guitar.

• Like 2