Visual Amusement. (Keep it clean!)

RedRamage

9 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I like the scene in Sopranos when Chris shoots that kid in the foot.  It's a nice call back to Goodfellas. 

Kid: You shot me in the foot!

Chris: It happens.

Is that the same scene or situation where we saw the guy who played Vito as a customer?

When they shot the goodfellas scene Moltosanti cut his hand on the glass.  They took him to the ER, still dressed up, and he had the blood from the scene all over his chest.  When he walked in they threw him on the cart and started to rip his shirt off.  "Take it easy, I'm an actor, it's just my hand  This other stuff is fake".  At least that's the story he told on the Talking Sopranos podcast.

36 minutes ago, oblong said:

Is that the same scene or situation where we saw the guy who played Vito as a customer?

When they shot the goodfellas scene Moltosanti cut his hand on the glass.  They took him to the ER, still dressed up, and he had the blood from the scene all over his chest.  When he walked in they threw him on the cart and started to rip his shirt off.  "Take it easy, I'm an actor, it's just my hand  This other stuff is fake".  At least that's the story he told on the Talking Sopranos podcast.

It is. I think his name is Gino in that episode.

Yesterday we learned that James McDivitt passed away last week. He was a Gemini and Apollo astronaut. Part of the second group.  In a space themed Facebook page I belong to someone shared this first person story by Jim. 

So one time early in our training, the nine of us were off somewhere in a big city at an expensive hotel, and they’d given us a food allowance that really didn’t go very far.  

And about the third day Neil comes up to Ed White and me and says, “C’mon, I know where we are eating tonight.”

So Neil takes us down to a huge banquet room with the biggest buffet we had ever seen, and tells us the Teamsters are having their annual convention and you can do go through the line as often as you wanted and no one would ask any questions.  

“You sure?” we ask.

“Sure,” says Neil.  “I ate here last night.”

So we got our food and we’re sitting there in the booth minding our own business, enjoying our food, when along comes this big guy, stands there at the end of the booth with his arms folded and growls, “You guys aren’t truck drivers, are you?”

We start to explain that no, we are hungry pilots, but he waves his hand and says, ”Look, I don’t care who you are, as long as you’re quiet.  But if you know the guys in the corner over there, you might warn them that they’re about to get kicked out.”

“So we look, and sure enough, it’s Conrad and Lovell yucking it up at the top of their lungs.”

• Haha 1