Visual Amusement. (Keep it clean!)

RedRamage

8 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

That's the joy of programs like Clear and Pre Check. However due to staffing and budget concerns the savvy prepared traveler is often bunched in with folks flying Air Trailways (worse than Air Greyhound).

Having spent a huge amount of time either working or manning the volunteer information desks at DTW, I've learned some patience. But still have little for those who don't read signs and demand to be led by the hand.

We got precheck this year and it is great.  AMEX covered the cost with a card upgrade.  

• Like 1

My wife in a weak moment got the Delta AMEX which gives her PreCheck, since I'm on the card as well I get the upgrade most of the time. Pre Pandemic, she flew more than me for work. 

I think a few years ago Clear was also good to navigate the security lines at Tiger games. I know at DTW folks who subscribe tend to get routed to the employee lines if they are flying Delta.

4 hours ago, oblong said:

Rush to stand up after landing so you can can sit there holding your crap. 

This is the one area where I take exception... I really don't fly that often, but when I do my back is usually killing me from sitting for so long.  I like to stand to just change positions.  Yes I know I'm not getting off any sooner, but I just need to change positions for a bit.

6 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

This is the one area where I take exception... I really don't fly that often, but when I do my back is usually killing me from sitting for so long.  I like to stand to just change positions.  Yes I know I'm not getting off any sooner, but I just need to change positions for a bit.

I do that too. I thinking of the ones who then go get their stuff and expect to be going somewhere. In this situation the people who get up to stretch perform a service as there’s always some knob in the back who thinks they can make their up front. 

what I would like to see implemented is that anyone who does not have something stored can get off first. It would take about 90 seconds to clear 1/3 of the plane. Of course couldn’t enforce it because there’s always someone who won’t play nice. “Well I’m just going to grab this right here…”

23 minutes ago, oblong said:

what I would like to see implemented is that anyone who does not have something stored can get off first. It would take about 90 seconds to clear 1/3 of the plane. Of course couldn’t enforce it because there’s always someone who won’t play nice. “Well I’m just going to grab this right here…”

Exactly.  Someone would be: "Oh, I just have this little thing so I should be allowed to take it and go... the rule is for those people who have big luggage that's hard to get out or that takes up a lot of room so my little bag is no big deal... Let's see... where was it?  Ah, here it... oh, someone's suitcase is in the way... who's is this? Could you get this out of the way for me a minute please?  Yes, okay... thank you... oh, wait, wrong area, my bag is in here."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I've seen this referenced in a couple of places but I guess I don't know the context? Broadcasters talk over what is going on in preseason games (let alone regular season games!) all the time. What made this notable? EDIT: ok - looked it up - basically a lightning strikes twice story....

Edited by gehringer_2