04/01/2022 08:00 EDT Detroit Pistons @ Oklahoma City Thunder

casimir

killian 25-5-5-5

first piston to do that since grant hill.  although i imagine hill did it against a real nba team and not a team trotting out a g league team like okc just did.

nice to see portland enter the "so obviously tanking the league may step in" group.  welcome to the club, portland!

Nice to see Killian surging a bit.  I am still not convinced he is a great fit next to Cade and I think his best role is as a primary ball handler.  I'm also not sure I am buying him as a starter in general long term.  He has the physical gifts but you have to be really elite in other areas to be a sub 30% three point shooter and be a good player at guard.  If this surge continues down the stretch, I'd definitely put out feelers for a trade.  I think Orlando was rumored to be interested at one point...not sure how they are feeling about Jalen Suggs right now.  

Edited by Hart

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Damn Casey screwed with Cade's per game numbers by playing him for like 5 minutes instead of just giving him the night off.

True.  It's great to see him engaged and supporting his teammates on the bench though.  That is not always a role the star player will take on.  It's hard to measure leadership but he does seem to check all the boxes.  He looks to be all about winning and a player that will care little about his own stats.  

I didn't think of the Oklahoma connection at first, perhaps Casey wanted to give any potential Oklahoma State fans that may have paid to see Cade atleast some action from him? IDK it's not a big deal either way just strange to see that he would even bother playing him for like 7 minutes. Seems like you'd just give him the whole game off. 

4 hours ago, Hart said:

Nice to see Killian surging a bit.  I am still not convinced he is a great fit next to Cade and I think his best role is as a primary ball handler.  I'm also not sure I am buying him as a starter in general long term.  He has the physical gifts but you have to be really elite in other areas to be a sub 30% three point shooter and be a good player at guard.  If this surge continues down the stretch, I'd definitely put out feelers for a trade.  I think Orlando was rumored to be interested at one point...not sure how they are feeling about Jalen Suggs right now.  

you have to imagine he shoots well enough in practice (of course remember those videos of Drummond making threes in the gym.....) I guess at 21 I wouldn't want to say his shooting couldn't improve but yeah - it would be hard to refuse an decent offer. Of course given the Pistons history of giving up too soon on serviceable guards, maybe caution is in order.

56 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

you have to imagine he shoots well enough in practice (of course remember those videos of Drummond making threes in the gym.....) I guess at 21 I wouldn't want to say his shooting couldn't improve but yeah - it would be hard to refuse an decent offer. Of course given the Pistons history of giving up too soon on serviceable guards, maybe caution is in order.

If we didn't have Cade, I would be a lot more patient with him.  Even though his jump shot is a huge issue, there are things to like.  I am just not a huge fan of standing him in the corner while Cade runs pick and roll.  Get an actual shooter for that.