Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Solid maneuver going with the pfife on motownforums said x and ignoring what pfife on motownsports touted for the last year.

Solid maneuver of making up what pfife touted on motownsports you liar.   I posted that shit there too.

I remember specifically posting about it in arguments with you because you kept saying whitmer could do it (she cant) and I said she couldn't (she cant) but the heath director can (she can). 

Ice up son.  Considering you can't even remember what you posted, as you showed last week, you have no credibility. 

Edited by pfife

2 hours ago, pfife said:

Solid maneuver of making up what pfife touted on motownsports you liar.   I posted that shit there too.

I remember specifically posting about it in arguments with you because you kept saying whitmer could do it (she cant) and I said she couldn't (she cant) but the heath director can (she can). 

Ice up son.  Considering you can't even remember what you posted, as you showed last week, you have no credibility. 

It’s impressive how much you hold onto semantics.  

1) Whitmer can order an EO. Always has been. It just can’t stay in effect indefinitely.  So with that alone, you’re wrong.

2) I consistently pointed out Whitmer’s Health Secretary did have those powers and as she can be fired at the discretion of Whitmer, Whitmer this has the power.  On a technicality, yes Whitmer can’t sign something on behalf of her secretary, but instead of understanding the point, you argued semantics, proving you’re no better than the likes of the political right you abhor, who will stoop to any level to “own” the other side.

10 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

It’s impressive how much you hold onto semantics.  

1) Whitmer can order an EO. Always has been. It just can’t stay in effect indefinitely.  So with that alone, you’re wrong.

2) I consistently pointed out Whitmer’s Health Secretary did have those powers and as she can be fired at the discretion of Whitmer, Whitmer this has the power.  On a technicality, yes Whitmer can’t sign something on behalf of her secretary, but instead of understanding the point, you argued semantics, proving you’re no better than the likes of the political right you abhor, who will stoop to any level to “own” the other side.

so now you're admitting I have an impressive memory of the argument I made that you called a lie that now you remember?
your apology is accepted.  stop making shit up about me.

btw, that one person is the governor and the other is the health director isn't "semantics" - it's actual different positions with different powers in part thanks to your GOP.  

You need it to be semantics to satisfy your undying craving to bash whitmer.  You want it to be "Semantics" so you can say WHITMER didn't do it.   You want it to be semantics so you can come here and say "YOU IDIOTS SAID WHITMER COULDN"T DO IT BECAUSE OF TEH EVIL GOP".  Which is... of course, the argument we had on the old board.  And just like we argued it on the old board, you're wrong, she can't do it.   Narrative sank again.   Just like on the old board when I made the same argument that whitmer can't do it, the health director can.

And also that means you lied about what I stated on the old board.  Obviously.  You now tacitly admit it when you said I held on to those semantics...  but don't have the stones to apologize for calling me a liar.  You can admit you made it up.  You really can.  You actually at least don't look like a liar that's also completely detached from reality so it's a better path to just own it.

Edited by pfife

It's also really awesome that you think it's Whitmer's fault b/c she could fire the health director.   Because firing people for not carrying out your political will is awesomely acceptable in all levels of government.  There's not a doubt in my mind you would be here screaming about that if she did that.  And, since your standard is that if I make something up about you, I can then use it to call you a hypocrite, so that means you're a hypocrite.    

Do you seriously think about the arguments before you post them? 

While cases at UM seem to be on the way back down from a local peak, cases are still skyrocketing in Washtenaw County. Significance here is the Washtenaw and Oakland have the highest vax rates in SE MI and cases are still climbing in both places. Since we haven't heard much about a variant replacing delta, do have to assume vaccine immunity is wearing off? Vaccinated patients are 50% of hospital admissions in Washtenaw. Or with life going largely back to 'normal' are all these folks the 5-10% left out of luck by a 90-95% effective vaccine and a vaccine too contagious for herd immunity to take effect in the community even at the 70% immunization rates?

On the plus side (what there is of it) over 500K shots were delivered last week and ~500K Michigan minors have been vaccinated since the approval.

45 minutes ago, pfife said:

It's also really awesome that you think it's Whitmer's fault b/c she could fire the health director.   Because firing people for not carrying out your political will is awesomely acceptable in all levels of government.  There's not a doubt in my mind you would be here screaming about that if she did that.  And, since your standard is that if I make something up about you, I can then use it to call you a hypocrite, so that means you're a hypocrite.    

Do you seriously think about the arguments before you post them? 

One could ask you the same question. I mean, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Whitmer get rid of the previous health director over a difference of opinion.  (Rare) severance package and all. 

and again, Whitmer has the power to issue an EO, which would last for 28 days.  

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

One could ask you the same question. I mean, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Whitmer get rid of the previous health director over a difference of opinion.  (Rare) severance package and all. 

and again, Whitmer has the power to issue an EO, which would last for 28 days.  

So whitmer literally did what you want her to do (fired health director), which is how you're here saying she's able to e get a mask mandate, and yet  there's no mask mandate.   

Dude....  seriously.  This is getting ridiculous.   Nice contradicting yourself just to try to own me.

And also nice apology for calling me a liar.    Enjoy your pummelings. 

Edited by pfife

14 minutes ago, pfife said:

So whitmer literally did what you want her to do (fired health director), which is how you're here saying she's able to e get a mask mandate, and yet  there's no mask mandate.   

Dude....  seriously.  This is getting ridiculous.   Nice contradicting yourself just to try to own me.

And also nice apology for calling me a liar.    Enjoy your pummelings. 

Where were you last fall?  I was the one advocating (because I legitimately thought it was the safe thing to do) and wondered why Whitmer wasn’t being more aggressive, either through a one time limited EO or through the health director.  To this day it’s not clear what side of which issue she fired the previous guy, so I’m not sure how that’s hypocritical.  I merely pointed out she’s already done it, after you made it sound like that’s a sleazy move and wondered if I thought before I wrote stuff down.  

You criticized me for being a hypocrite back than as well.  I still can’t believe she avoided criticism as a whole during the spike last fall/winter but she has cover from folks like you and the media lying about how it was all the GOP’s fault.  

Just now, Archie said:

If anyone here is a troll it would be you.  You never add anything to a conversation and most of what you post is incorrect.  You should give your mom her laptop back.

sweet 1990 burn chief,  my feelings aren't wet paper towels they're shamwows

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

For some reason j also forgot that you recently said something to the effect that those dudes Rittenhouse shot were better off dead.   You should deep throat a cactus.

I didn’t say they were better off dead, I implied that the world is better off without them.  I apologized for lumping both of the deceased together.  One clearly had some issues, but I feel bad he’s dead.  The other, he should have had a much more horrible, painful death.  Guess that’s the old conservative in me that just can’t agree with more progressive organizations like NAMBLA.  

Am I really that horrible of a human being for not giving a shit about a man that molested 5 boys between 9-11 years old?  Fitting that he wasn’t supposed to have contact with anyone under 18 and In violating that again, he wound up dead.  That sounds like justice to me.

• Like 1

My wife had a 34 year old unvaccinated pregnant lady about to be ventilated and they want to move her downtown for better neonatal treatment but her family is fighting it.  That’s the kind of things they are still dealing with. Most in ICU are unvaccinated. Those that are have other issues at play. 

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I didn’t say they were better off dead, I implied that the world is better off without them.  I apologized for lumping both of the deceased together.  One clearly had some issues, but I feel bad he’s dead.  The other, he should have had a much more horrible, painful death.  Guess that’s the old conservative in me that just can’t agree with more progressive organizations like NAMBLA.  

Am I really that horrible of a human being for not giving a shit about a man that molested 5 boys between 9-11 years old?  Fitting that he wasn’t supposed to have contact with anyone under 18 and In violating that again, he wound up dead.  That sounds like justice to me.

Lol I guess chief 

1 hour ago, oblong said:

My wife had a 34 year old unvaccinated pregnant lady about to be ventilated and they want to move her downtown for better neonatal treatment but her family is fighting it.  That’s the kind of things they are still dealing with. Most in ICU are unvaccinated. Those that are have other issues at play. 

That drives me crazy, two thirds of the ICU patients here are unvaccinated, even though only 11% of people 12 and over are unvaccinated.  They are such stupid buttheads I wish we could deny treatment to them, they are preventing necessary surgery because of all the ICU beds that they are occupying.

5 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

That drives me crazy, two thirds of the ICU patients here are unvaccinated, even though only 11% of people 12 and over are unvaccinated.  They are such stupid buttheads I wish we could deny treatment to them, they are preventing necessary surgery because of all the ICU beds that they are occupying.

In addition to taking up beds, what happens when unvaxxed medical employees are no longer medical employees?  Hey, I'm with you, the unwilling to get vaxxed can sit outside the hospital and wait for vacancy.

Maybe I'm going about medical situations the wrong way?  I think back to situations where my kid was hospitalized, where my mother was hospitalized, serious situations like that.  I usually asked questions to the medical staff rather than give directives.  Maybe I was wrong to do so, but the medical staff were the ones trained in that realm, so I relied on their knowledge.  I personally had no idea how get my 7 year old through eColi, but, hey, if it during COVID, I guess I should have gotten out my Operation board game or jumped on Facebook for options and then told the medical staff what to do.

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

While cases at UM seem to be on the way back down from a local peak, cases are still skyrocketing in Washtenaw County. Significance here is the Washtenaw and Oakland have the highest vax rates in SE MI and cases are still climbing in both places. Since we haven't heard much about a variant replacing delta, do have to assume vaccine immunity is wearing off? Vaccinated patients are 50% of hospital admissions in Washtenaw. Or with life going largely back to 'normal' are all these folks the 5-10% left out of luck by a 90-95% effective vaccine and a vaccine too contagious for herd immunity to take effect in the community even at the 70% immunization rates?

On the plus side (what there is of it) over 500K shots were delivered last week and ~500K Michigan minors have been vaccinated since the approval.

theyre about to lockdown in germany and austria again despite relatively high levels of vaccination.

are you ready for this continued cycle for the next five years?  ten?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, buddha said:

theyre about to lockdown in germany and austria again despite relatively high levels of vaccination.

are you ready for this continued cycle for the next five years?  ten?

If vax rates stay below the herd immunity level (whatever that turns out to be, which is going to be higher than initially understood due to delta) then everyone will be infected in a year or two more. My best estimate is that at least a third of the country has already had it now (we know of ~50 million cases and there has to be at least one case unreported for everyone that is.....) At that point the susceptible non-vaxxed will be dead and thus no longer a pubiic health risk. So it is what it is. Society has actually managed to  compensate pretty well really. We are not all at home sitting in the dark and cold - the GDP is doing fine and the labor market is tight. So if we had to yes  - we could do this indefinitely.

The only thing for certain is that little is certain. For example Paxlovid (Pfizer's new drug) might make a huge difference  - or it might not.

10 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

The family thinks they are just casting her away. Said it’s a real white trash situation.  Another one in her mid 50s saying she’s going to kill her daughters boyfriend for “giving it to her”. Nobody vaccinated. Always someone else’s fault.