Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Just now, chasfh said:

Apologies ... she sounded very nice ...

Nah, she got what was coming to her.  F the insurrectionist and everyone who egged it on and directed it from the White House and from within Congress.

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

Nah, she got what was coming to her.  F the insurrectionist and everyone who egged it on and directed it from the White House and from within Congress.

I know, I was being silly.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I know, I was being silly.

I honestly have a good feeling about this election.  I don't know why.  I am reminded of the Diary of Anne Frank and I know that deep down, people are actually not that great.  That said, i think the cumulative effect of all this will weigh on Trump's appeal in a general election even if he makes it past the primary.

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

I honestly have a good feeling about this election.  I don't know why.  I am reminded of the Diary of Anne Frank and I know that deep down, people are actually not that great.  That said, i think the cumulative effect of all this will weigh on Trump's appeal in a general election even if he makes it past the primary.

actually, to add to this... I think a lot of the Trump-is-inevitable propaganda is designed by the permanent campaign industrial complex to get us to surrender our money to their operations.  Everyone knows he's awful except a shrinking number of die hards who can't see in front of their face.

So, really i'm not so Pollyanna-ish.  I'm basing my cynicism on the cynicism of the political class.

Edited by romad1

18 hours ago, romad1 said:

I do as well. I just can't see how Trump is going to convince all those people, especially independents, who are disgusted with him to vote for him. I just don't see how the numbers are going to work for him. Outside chance this could be the bloodbath wipeout for him I predicted in 2016.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I do as well. I just can't see how Trump is going to convince all those people, especially independents, who are disgusted with him to vote for him. I just don't see how the numbers are going to work for him. Outside chance this could be the bloodbath wipeout for him I predicted in 2016.

It doesn't seem to be in the cards based on early polling, but that's the other thing I wonder about: Is the value and accuracy of political polling sustainable as personal land line phone usage finally fades away completely?

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It doesn't seem to be in the cards based on early polling, but that's the other thing I wonder about: Is the value and accuracy of political polling sustainable as personal land line phone usage finally fades away completely?

2022's Red Wave sent a DM on Signal saying "'sup?"

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I can easily see it happening. Trump doesn't need any additional votes.  He just needs people who voted for Biden in 2020 to lose interest and just not vote.  

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I can easily see it happening. Trump doesn't need any additional votes.  He just needs people who voted for Biden in 2020 to lose interest and just not vote.  

Yeah, it has traditionally been the case that Dems always had votes to win but not the turnout. The thing to watch however is that as the shift of the more educated suburban class from old style Main Street GOP identity to the ‘soccer mom’ Dems side goes to completion, Dem turnout has a fair probability of becoming more reliable. Turnout issues do remain in big blue cites though. 

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

i’m out of patience with Welker. She’s more interested in being famous and having her “star trek lighting” than the actual outcome of what’s happening.

WTF. Welker is useless.

You don’t let a statement like that fly. Ugh

Trump is going to win fairly easily.

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am.

All the young voters I know including those voting for the very first time are voting for Trump.

All those who voted for Biden last time or didn't vote are voting for Trump.

I literally don't know anyone who isn't voting for Trump.