5/1 4:10 Tigers @ Dodgers

Tigeraholic1

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I went a few times back in 2010 when I was out there for five months and couldn't believe how hard it was getting into and out of that place. 

It's a fantastic ballpark, maybe my favorite tbh, but I just remember that you have to really put in effort to get to that place

LOL, I've had friends and family in SoCal all my adult life,  and we've driven all over everywhere out there. One day - pretty sure it was in the Winter - so no baseball crowd or anything - we were crossing town and thought we'd try to take a drive by and take a look at the ball park. Couldn't even figure out how to get there when we knew it was less than 1/2 mile from where we were! (pre GPS days). "Circled" a few times and gave up.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I went a few times back in 2010 when I was out there for five months and couldn't believe how hard it was getting into and out of that place. 

It's a fantastic ballpark, maybe my favorite tbh, but I just remember that you have to really put in effort to get to that place

Yes it’s a bottleneck in and out which is why so many arrive late and leave early. Dumb me had to open the doors but it’s nice to see the Tigers live every year even though they rarely win in Anaheim or LA. The park is strange in that it’s in a hole on a hill but it has a very 1960 feel about it which I Really liked. Still miss Tiger Stadium though.  

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL, I've had friends and family in SoCal all my adult life,  and we've driven all over everywhere out there. One day - pretty sure it was in the Winter - so no baseball crowd or anything - we were crossing town and thought we'd try to take a drive by and take a look at the ball park. Couldn't even figure out how to get there when we knew it was less than 1/2 mile from where we were! (pre GPS days). "Circled" a few times and gave up.

Yes without navigation I would still be circling around for sure. Maybe a night game when you could drive to the lights would be ok 😊