5/1 4:10 Tigers @ Dodgers

Tigeraholic1

This is the curse of team with moderate expectations when it fails. You expect a decent team because for the most part of they have established veterans with track records. You can't send them down when they boot the ball or throw it away. They're not supposed to do that stuff.

If you had some depth around the margins to put them on the bench for a few days, that would be great. But we have the Castro brothers(Eric, Willi, and Harold).

2 minutes ago, kdog said:

Riley Greene is at least a month away from being a month away. Once his foot heals(another month), he will need at least 3-4 weeks to build back into baseball shape.

Thanks. That’s what I was thinking but hoping I was wrong,

2 hours ago, JackPine said:

That call on Lux broke their way but the Tigers badly need some PFP and bunt defense practice

I don't like the running lane not squared with the base.  I can see this call as debateable as Lux was fair territory the whole time (although straddling the line) and hitting the base with his right foot.  But if he's on top of the line and hits the base with his left foot, do they make the same call?  The contact happened over the base, but on the foul line side of the base.  We're almost asking the batter the graze the foul line side of the base as the base is outside of the running lane.

Bad defense puts them in a deeper than they should be hole again.  I can deal with batting and pitching slumps.  Fielding shouldn't be this much of an issue with this group.  I get CastroW is going to have his Es, Haase is out of position in LF, the OF has poor arms.  We know and understand that there are some limitations on this roster.  But good grief, the amount of fielding miscues this season is just unacceptable.

3 hours ago, 1776 said:

I believe SoCal is at the game today. I hate he’s having to watch this crap. 

Yes it I sat in the oven watching more sloppy baseball. First inning Erod decides not to even attempt to cover first and then Candy bobbles a sure inning ending   double play pall and then throws way way wide of first so instead of inning over another two runs come in and all the LA fans are yelling "thanks so much " "free runs" etc...

And of course my daughter is melting so we leave after the seventh down 6 - 0 and watching Miggy strike out three times only to have him homer in the 8th...😂

And Grossman's HBP seemed very bad. You could hear it. It seemed like they just didn't really want to play after coming close in the first and second inning. The vibe is bad. At least I can add Dodger stadium to my check list. Hard to believe I have lived out here since 1997 and never got there sooner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I just watched the replay of Miggy's HR, man he crushed that.

after 3 K's. After the 3rd K I was wondering if he was suffering from an emotional let down after having gotten to 3000, but it could also be that with 3000 hits in the bag he has decided he is willing to K more to pick up his ISO. You never know quite what is up with Cabrera since the status of knee is always an unknown from day to day.

8 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Yes it I sat in the oven watching more sloppy baseball. First inning Erod decides not to even attempt to cover first and then Candy bobbles a sure inning ending   double play pall and then throws way way wide of first so instead of inning over another two runs come in and all the LA fans are yelling "thanks so much " "free runs" etc...

And of course my daughter is melting so we leave after the seventh down 6 - 0 and watching Miggy strike out three times only to have him homer in the 8th...😂

And Grossman's HBP seemed very bad. You could hear it. It seemed like they just didn't really want to play after coming close in the first and second inning. The vibe is bad. At least I can add Dodger stadium to my check list. Hard to believe I have lived out here since 1997 and never got there sooner.

Good to hear you survived the trip. Always good to add another park to the list. Regarding the game, trust me, it sounded as bad as it looked.

13 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

At least I can add Dodger stadium to my check list. Hard to believe I have lived out here since 1997 and never got there sooner.

I went a few times back in 2010 when I was out there for five months and couldn't believe how hard it was getting into and out of that place. 

It's a fantastic ballpark, maybe my favorite tbh, but I just remember that you have to really put in effort to get to that place

Edited by mtutiger