5/8 2:10 Tigers @ Astros

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, bobrob2004 said:

He's also already on the 40-man roster, so they wouldn't have to expose anyone to waivers.  

Right.  Demote CastroW, he can play OF in Toledo.

Clemens can get some time between 2B/OF.  Schoop can handle a game or two at 1B if he starts hitting and Torkelson isn’t.

If Clemens doesn’t hit, is the team any worse off than it already is?  If Clemens flails in the OF, then restrict him to 2B.  If Schoop/Torkleson/others finally start hitting and there isn’t time for Clemens, well, goody for the Tigers.

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Right.  Demote CastroW, he can play OF in Toledo.

Clemens can get some time between 2B/OF.  Schoop can handle a game or two at 1B if he starts hitting and Torkelson isn’t.

If Clemens doesn’t hit, is the team any worse off than it already is?  If Clemens flails in the OF, then restrict him to 2B.  If Schoop/Torkleson/others finally start hitting and there isn’t time for Clemens, well, goody for the Tigers.

Schoop would be the clear man to replace Tork, if either were hitting.

In 2020, in a very short season, Willi looked like a major league hitter.  I can't blame them for trying to rediscover that, but it is looking more and more like a mirage.  Theoretically he is a switch hitter, but he can't hit right-handers.

Clemens can't play short but neither can Willi.  To me this is an obvious move and I have never been high on Clemens at all, but let's try something.

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

In 2020, in a very short season, Willi looked like a major league hitter.  I can't blame them for trying to rediscover that, but it is looking more and more like a mirage.  Theoretically he is a switch hitter, but he can't hit right-handers.

And he can't play defense, of course. If you are coming off the bench, and you're hitting skills are a mirage, that's a must.

I know nothing will supplant the Eric Haase play in Minneapolis as far as being the most embarrassing defensive play of the season (decade? century?), but the misjudged fly ball on Friday has gotta be the next worst play... it's a crime that he couldn't earn an error for it.