5/8 2:10 Tigers @ Astros

Tigeraholic1

19 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Yes what is up with Meadows. Do allergies really keep player out this long or is it code for something else ?

TBF, from personal experience they can be bad enough that you'd have hard time playing without taking something and once you did you might have a really hard time catching up to a 95mph fastball. For me even today with the newer options there is only one antihistamine which is strong enough to suppress my symptoms without making me at least a little drowsy. If Austin doesn't have anything that works that well for him I could understand it might be an issue.

If they're hiding something I'm not sure what the point would be, just IL him - you don't have to say why.

Edited by gehringer_2

39 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

TBF, from personal experience they can be bad enough that you'd have hard time playing without taking something and once you did you might have a really hard time catching up to a 95mph fastball. For me even today with the newer options there is only one antihistamine which is strong enough to suppress my symptoms without making me at least a little drowsy. If Austin doesn't have anything that works that well for him I could understand it might be an issue.

If they're hiding something I'm not sure what the point would be, just IL him - you don't have to say why.

Yes, it is plausible.  I can be a mess in a bad allergy season and there are many people with worse  allergies than me.  

25 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Yes, it is plausible.  I can be a mess in a bad allergy season and there are many people with worse  allergies than me.  

And it's Texas... with all the tree pollen and ragweed this state has floating around in the air, it has to be one of the worse for allergies

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Good point. I didn’t consider the side effects of medications. That makes a ton of sense.